Child Okeford - gratis - ended

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

The previous owner and builder has relinquished ownership of the layout and is concentrating on a mini-diorama.

The large amount of surplus rolling stock will be sold on eBay.

JB

IMG_1165b.JPG.432f6d0b0bc5e4fb05536d104a3aab83.JPG

Edited by Guest
Change of ownership

Guest Jack Benson
2 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi Jack,

I could be interested.

Hoped the Blog would give me more information such as sizes and a track plan, but couldn't find this info.

Can you post it here or PM it to me?

Many thanks

Paul

Ummmm,

There is a link to trackplan and sizes on the front page of the blog:- Click here

JB

Thanks Jack, found what I wanted now.

I am a S&DJ and  Bere Regis bus fan, so the layout is of interest.

However, I don't have even your space! I have 12ft 3ins  x 8ft 3 ins, so would need to take about 12 ins out of the layout length.

So the next question is what size boards is the layout on? and how do they come apart?

It might be that we use the end boards and make new middle boards

Collection/dismantling  could be arranged via my son hiring/driving a suitable van and helping me with the dismantling. 

So I will get out my pencil and do some planning!

Cheers for now

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

Guest Jack Benson
54 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Thanks Jack, found what I wanted now.

I am a S&DJ and  Bere Regis bus fan, so the layout is of interest.

However, I don't have even your space! I have 12ft 3ins  x 8ft 3 ins, so would need to take about 12 ins out of the layout length.

So the next question is what size boards is the layout on? and how do they come apart?

It might be that we use the end boards and make new middle boards

Collection/dismantling  could be arranged via my son hiring/driving a suitable van and helping me with the dismantling. 

So I will get out my pencil and do some planning!

Cheers for now

Paul

Paul,

Most of the the modules are 48"x30" but the end modules are 60"x30"  - in total 192"x120"

However, I doubt if the layout could be squeezed into your space as the platform is part of the curve.

Sorry

Jb 

16 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Paul,

Most of the the modules are 48"x30" but the end modules are 60"x30"  - in total 192"x120"

However, I doubt if the layout could be squeezed into your space as the platform is part of the curve.

Sorry

Jb 

I agree Jack, quarts never fit in pint pots! Never mind.

I hope you find someone to take it on, it would be a shame if it ended up being broken up!

I expect you have talked to the model clubs in your area?

What about the S&DJ Society based on the Minehead line. I would have thought either the Society or one of their members might be interested. Perhaps they would advertise it in their journal?

Best regards

Paul  

Guest Jack Benson
20 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

I agree Jack, quarts never fit in pint pots! Never mind.

I hope you find someone to take it on, it would be a shame if it ended up being broken up!

I expect you have talked to the model clubs in your area?

What about the S&DJ Society based on the Minehead line. I would have thought either the Society or one of their members might be interested. Perhaps they would advertise it in their journal?

Best regards

Paul  

Paul,

It will spend a week on eBay with no reserve starting at one pound - buyer collects.

If not sold, all the Gucci stuff will be stripped (Tortoise motors etc.) and either sold or stored. All the stock has already received a very generous offer.

The remaining carcass will be reduced to well seasoned firewood (very popular at the moment) using a neighbour's brand new cordless chain saw.

All is not lost, the space in the workshop will provide a wheelchair accessible workbench for our chum and a freestanding space for the diorama we building for him.

Cheers

Jack

Edited by Jack Benson

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Jack Benson said:

Paul,

It will spend a week on eBay with no reserve starting at one pound - buyer collects.

If not sold, all the Gucci stuff will be stripped (Tortoise motors etc.) and either sold or stored. All the stock has already received a very generous offer.

The remaining carcass will be reduced to well seasoned firewood (very popular at the moment) using a neighbour's brand new cordless chain saw.

All is not lost, the space in the workshop will provide a wheelchair accessible workbench for our chum and a freestanding space for the diorama we building for him.

Cheers

Jack

I'm not that good at navigating my way round eBay. Could you give the page address please? Or post a link.

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Starts on eBay on Sunday at 19:00 27.10. Item number 123951822827, keyword Child Okeford.

image.jpeg.42209c295d2480d00a70d0c244bcdc88.jpeg

Edited by Jack Benson

On 25/10/2019 at 12:44, Jack Benson said:

So what's happened to the layout now?

Seems to have been pulled from ebay long before the week was up  -  surely you haven't done anything silly like put the chainsaw through it  .  .  .  .

.  .  .  .  you haven't, have you?

Guest Jack Benson

As no one bothers to read the thread, I will repeat the announcement:-

Please note that there is a change of ownership:-

Following a long period of serious illness, the previous owner and builder has relinquished ownership of the Child Okeford layout.

JB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jack Benson

Finally,

Most* of the surplus stock was sold last weekend, the shed has been cleared out (three trips to the tip) just to get rid of 40+ years of books/magazines and scraps of absolute junk, the worktop was moved to replace where the publications had been stored thus providing badly needed working area for the new micro-layout. 

Meanwhile all the junk on the Child Okeford was removed and it was tested (it worked) - trains are running and almost everyone is happy. 

This weekend the AD is being taken out for the first time to the South Hants show in Pompey, first time in over a year and not in a wheelchair. 

JB

*Only a Dapol Fruit D remained which was fortuitous as its costly replacement, a Gresley full brake, turned out to be a LMS dining car.