Llanfyllin Branch

• RMweb Premium

The Oswestry to Gobowen line stayed open until 7/11/66 and was operated by a class 101 2 car dmu. The Llanfyllin branch train did work through to Gobowen so a Cl 101 is a definite possibility. Other units could have been single car units  of Cl 121 and Cl 122.

On my Tanat Valley layout I operate all of the above as well as 4 wheel railcars even though the passenger service closed in 1951! The freight trains use Cl 24 and Cl 22 locomotives depending on the WR /LMR boundary change not happening as it is my railway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Slightly off topic, but the late Peter Gentle did an excellent model of Llanfyllin in 3mm/ft. Here's a pic of the signal box:

3mm%20AGM%202007-087.JPG

Scenery was Peter's thing; he did work for Pendon.

I think I would tempted to go for a Class 121. Single-coach DMUs to me have a lot of character, without taking up a lot of space.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It would need to be  Chester allocated unit, and something plausible.

To which I'd suggest either

(i) a Metro-Cammell two-car unit (Cl.101), or

(ii) a Derby two-car unit (Cl.108), or

(iii) a Park Royal two-car unit (Cl.103).

The Gloucester single car units (Cl.122) generally worked south of Salop, to places like Much Wenlock etc.

But then you can always quote 'Rule No.1'

Brian R

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 23:51, NCB said:

Slightly off topic, but the late Peter Gentle did an excellent model of Llanfyllin in 3mm/ft. Here's a pic of the signal box:

3mm%20AGM%202007-087.JPG

Scenery was Peter's thing; he did work for Pendon.

I think I would tempted to go for a Class 121. Single-coach DMUs to me have a lot of character, without taking up a lot of space.

A rather poor photo of the rear of my Signal CabinPA175113.JPG.0e21a6f444cf62c0d42bb1084b0488a1.JPG

• Like 5

• 5 months later...