DJH Ivatt Class 2 (ex LMS)

As a change from usual GW type kits which I have done in the past fancy building a Ivatt Class 2 in 7mm produced by DJH. Some of the older postings on this model suggest some difficulty with the cylinder width on this model. I wondered if anyone has any more recent experience with this kit and could comment on its accuracy.

Which brings me to a second point I am trying to find out which members of the class were allocated to either Oxley or Stafford Road?  Another question is how do I determine if they were painted lined black (as per Severn Valley example) or lined green as I believe some were?  I imagine these two latter questions have a simple answer but I don’t know what it is!

Many thanks,

AC

I  believe the older  kits  had  the  cylinders  slightly  wide  to  give  greater  clearance  for  the  rods  &  crosshead in  the  area  of  the front  wheel.  (Certainly   the  Tank  version had  this)

Recent  kits  have  been  improved with the cylinders located correctly.  Presumably  this  means  greater care  during  construction  to  ensure  adequate  clearance.

Livery  normally  Black but  some  on the  western  region  were green.

Pete 

The WR built ones first appeared carrying lined black. Some were later painted green. Many later transferred to the LMR with the boundary changes.

Numbers 46503 to 46527.

Details of allocations and such here.

http://brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=class&type=S&id=426003

Also Wiki has some info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LMS_Ivatt_Class_2_2-6-0

Jason