4mm scale Diesel/Electric loco data panels

Evening everyone.

Whilst renumbering my class 68, I've clumsily damaged a couple of the data panels which are applied below the loco number.  So now I'm after some 4mm scale replacements.  The trouble is, the TPE livery has black background panels with white text and borders.  I'm having trouble finding any like this.  All the regular suppliers can provide white on BR blue, or white on clear.  Fox pack 4360 does have the correct colour combination, but unfortunately the panels are too small (the Dapol model panels are approx 4.5mm x 3.5 mm).  I've tried contacting Railtec to request a version of his class 68 detailing pack, but so far no reply.

So, anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

Roger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, birdbath said:

Evening everyone.

I've tried contacting Railtec to request a version of his class 68 detailing pack, but so far no reply.

So, anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

Roger.

Um, no email from anyone called Roger since Aug 21 (of which I am aware) - which was responded to and on another topic anyway.

Class 68 detailing pack (4mm-2026) has been in stock for quite some time, and is still in stock...

Edited by railtec-models

12 hours ago, railtec-models said:

Um, no email from anyone called Roger since Aug 21 (of which I am aware) - which was responded to and on another topic anyway.

Class 68 detailing pack (4mm-2026) has been in stock for quite some time, and is still in stock...

Hello there,

I'm not sure what's happened there then.  The e-mail of August 21st is about the right date, as that was about a week after I'd received my 68027 renumber/name pack and subsequently required the data panels!  I asked about a version of the detail pack you mention above, but with white text and border on black background, as I've mentioned above.  As far as I can tell, your current detail pack has white on clear?  I'm thinking I replied to the order dispatch notification, so possibly I've used the wrong means of contacting you.

Regards,

Roger McVay.

• RMweb Premium

Print some yourself? Get some white decal paper, draw them out in your choice of software (PowerPoint will work fine), with a black background and you're away. I've had decent results on N gauge stock, where they're obviously markedly smaller.

6 minutes ago, birdbath said:

Hello there,

I'm not sure what's happened there then.  The e-mail of August 21st is about the right date, as that was about a week after I'd received my 68027 renumber/name pack and subsequently required the data panels!  I asked about a version of the detail pack you mention above, but with white text and border on black background, as I've mentioned above.  As far as I can tell, your current detail pack has white on clear?  I'm thinking I replied to the order dispatch notification, so possibly I've used the wrong means of contacting you.

Regards,

Roger McVay.

Hi Roger, no problem. I've got your email address on file so I'll respond via email and spare the thread. It shouldn't be a problem to create something around the data panels. I've got detail hi-res shots and measurements of most of these things thanks to taking a trusty tape measure everywhere (even if one does question one's own sanity when measuring a pile of withdrawn wagons in horizontal snow).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 25/10/2019 at 10:42, railtec-models said:

Hi Roger, no problem. I've got your email address on file so I'll respond via email and spare the thread. It shouldn't be a problem to create something around the data panels. I've got detail hi-res shots and measurements of most of these things thanks to taking a trusty tape measure everywhere (even if one does question one's own sanity when measuring a pile of withdrawn wagons in horizontal snow).

Hi Steve, 

Just checking whether you've received my emails on this topic?  I got one from you and replied to it, but have heard nothing since.  I do appreciate you're very busy, but don't want you to think I'm being ignorant if my replies are not making it through for whatever reason.

Cheers,

Roger.

8 minutes ago, birdbath said:

Hi Steve, 

Just checking whether you've received my emails on this topic?  I got one from you and replied to it, but have heard nothing since.  I do appreciate you're very busy, but don't want you to think I'm being ignorant if my replies are not making it through for whatever reason.

Cheers,

Roger.

Hi Roger, it's no problem at all. Let me check.