BR freight grey paint.

4 hours ago, toplink@()1989))(( said:

Can anyone suggest an aerosol spray paint for BR freight grey please? I'm particularly thinking of an auto spray from the likes of Halfords etc.

Thanks, Pete.  

Go to a motor vehicle factors; (a company that supplies car repair garages); and get them to fill an aerosol can with VW EISGRAUEN KJ94.

Whilst you're there, get them to fill another can with ALFA ROMEO BRUNO DE37 ; that's the match for BR wagon bauxite orange / brown.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, toplink@()1989))(( said:

Can anyone suggest an aerosol spray paint for BR freight grey please? I'm particularly thinking of an auto spray from the likes of Halfords etc.

Thanks, Pete.  

There is more than one Grey and mainly depends on when and where painted!

Mark Saunders

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

There is more than one Grey and mainly depends on when and where painted!

Mark Saunders

The grey to which I referred above is applicable throughout the 'BRITISH RAILWAYS'; (as opposed to the 'British Rail'); period.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wheatley said:

Halfords grey primer, or Humbrol 64. Neither has the greenish tinge that 16T coal wagons seem to have had but they're fine otherwise. I expect Railmatch do one too but I find the Halfords/Humbrol cans more reliable.

I have some Halfords grey primer but compared to Dapols 16t wagons it's a good deal darker.

To tide me over I have ordered some Railmatch aerosol in British railways early grey. I will make up a swatch with it and see if I can find a near match at my local Halfords.

Cheer's, Pete.

11 hours ago, toplink@()1989))(( said:

I have some Halfords grey primer but compared to Dapols 16t wagons it's a good deal darker.

To tide me over I have ordered some Railmatch aerosol in British railways early grey. I will make up a swatch with it and see if I can find a near match at my local Halfords.

Cheer's, Pete.

Years ago, I went through all the swatches at my local motor factors; (hundreds); VW EISGRAUEN KJ94 is a virtual exact match for Phoenix Precision BR early wagon grey, and ALFA ROMEO BRUNO DE37 is similarly extremely close to Phoenix Precision BR early wagon bauxite.

(For those interested, ALFA ROMEO AR530 is a very good match for BR carmine red (blood).

The advantage of going to a motor factor's is that you can specify the paint - cellulose, acrylic, matt, satin, gloss, etc.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Informative/Useful 3

On 26/10/2019 at 09:30, cctransuk said:

Years ago, I went through all the swatches at my local motor factors; (hundreds); VW EISGRAUEN KJ94 is a virtual exact match for Phoenix Precision BR early wagon grey, and ALFA ROMEO BRUNO DE37 is similarly extremely close to Phoenix Precision BR early wagon bauxite.

(For those interested, ALFA ROMEO AR530 is a very good match for BR carmine red (blood).

The advantage of going to a motor factor's is that you can specify the paint - cellulose, acrylic, matt, satin, gloss, etc.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Duly noted, thank you John, much appreciated.