Pontypridd Museum, Model Railway Show, Sat 23rd - Sun 24th November 2019

steveNCB7754

Came across a flyer for this event, at the recent Cardiff Model Railway Show.

Does anyone have any information about what is actually going to be at this show, because the Museum's website just says, 'Come to our annual exhibition celebrating all things trains! There are model displays and trade stands on two floors of the Museum'.  Have been unable to track down anything more.

Having retired now to Mid-Wales (Rhayader), I am venturing out to as many model railway venues as I can (Swansea, Cardiff so far, with Welshpool on tomorrow).  Pontypridd would be an easy drive (closer even, than Cardiff), but I am loath to go that far 'on spec'.  Anyone been to a previous event or can point me to some detailed info?

The event is at the Museum (Bridge St, Pontypridd CF37 4PE) on Sat 23rd Nov (10:00 - 16:30) and Sun 24th 10:00 - 16:00) .  Adults £2 Children/Seniors £1.

Regards

It's usually just a small show with local layouts. It's in my home town but is not the one organised by Pontypridd Model Railway Club, which I organise.  It's more of an event put on for the community. It's a bit hit and miss with layout quality, but it depends what you're looking for. Some second hand trade and MIB Models from Bridgend are usually there, but not sure if Alan will be there following his recent illness.  It's probably best to give it a go and decide afterwards whether it was worthwhile, everyone has differing tastes. I know our club will have a layout in attendance, but as I write I am not sure which one! It's the same weekend as the Warley show, it won't be as good but considerably cheaper! There are carparks nearby but little street parking , except in Pontypridd's main street, the venue is next to Pontypridd's famous 'Old Bridge'/ There is limited catering at the venue. The town is very busy on a Saturday but quiet on a Sunday.

Tony

• Thanks 1

I have done this show for 2 years now and will be back this year exhibiting again. There is some really good layouts on show, really worth the trip up the valleys for it.  As Tony says small show but nice, local and friendly. Good food from the kitchen too

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys ('valleymodeller' and 'Ed-farms') for the info and advice.  Not sure exactly what I will be doing (or expected to do) that weekend yet, but we will see.  Turns out (unbeknownst to me), that we are going to see Wales vs The Baa-Baas the weekend after that, so my weekend 'freetime' might well be curtailed (LOL).

Thanks again though.