What's on your 3mm workbench

37403 progress.......

Got the mini ploughs epoxied on to the bogie transoms, bogies and underframe had matt black then weathered black base coats applied. Started to build up colour on the ploughs, need these fully painted before messing with the buffer beam detailing pipes and jumpers etc as they will be in front of the ploughs and would make access more difficult.

Also painted the roof, ended up as a home brew mix of white and Citadel "Admisinstratium grey". This was because the railmatch acrylic rail grey 2206 isn't - its more beige, so had an abortive time applying it and hoping it dried right, err it did not. So I had to sort out a roof that was essentially intercity swallow livery coach beige! So need to let it all harden, there is a lot of masking bled under and masking edge ridge to rework with fine finishing grit paper.

IMG_20240423_215953_4902.jpg.3a5ff8bd2ae29b341ee9005a9b4f3491.jpg

Starting to look a lot more "Ingey three". I think the mini ploughs make it "pop". Funny that they look a lot more yellow than actually are, they still need a few more thin coats yet.

With the primer on, round the windscreens, they are looking a lot better after two rounds of very careful fettling, than the as supplied print bodyshell, I am very pleased how they turned out. Ok, not Accurascale, but my eye is pleased, so that's all that matters.

Cheers

D.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

47 minutes ago, TT100 Diesels said:

37403 progress.......

Got the mini ploughs epoxied on to the bogie transoms, bogies and underframe had matt black then weathered black base coats applied. Started to build up colour on the ploughs, need these fully painted before messing with the buffer beam detailing pipes and jumpers etc as they will be in front of the ploughs and would make access more difficult.

Also painted the roof, ended up as a home brew mix of white and Citadel "Admisinstratium grey". This was because the railmatch acrylic rail grey 2206 isn't - its more beige, so had an abortive time applying it and hoping it dried right, err it did not. So I had to sort out a roof that was essentially intercity swallow livery coach beige! So need to let it all harden, there is a lot of masking bled under and masking edge ridge to rework with fine finishing grit paper.

IMG_20240423_215953_4902.jpg.3a5ff8bd2ae29b341ee9005a9b4f3491.jpg

Starting to look a lot more "Ingey three". I think the mini ploughs make it "pop". Funny that they look a lot more yellow than actually are, they still need a few more thin coats yet.

With the primer on, round the windscreens, they are looking a lot better after two rounds of very careful fettling, than the as supplied print bodyshell, I am very pleased how they turned out. Ok, not Accurascale, but my eye is pleased, so that's all that matters.

Cheers

D.

Looking good....is the 37 on the last one back from Mallaig with the sun setting behind the loco!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

17 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Looking good....is the 37 on the last one back from Mallaig with the sun setting behind the loco!

Funny enough, the left hand photo is a sun set near Stromness, so quite a lot more north than Mallaig !

And talking of mini snow ploughs, I said up thread that @Phil Mason has made some previously so blazing the trail in 3mm, I found  a photo of them on one of his scratch build 26's.

IMG_20230729_150023_7192.jpg.856fccf7984fc92de3b447ce10fc6640.jpg

Sorry its one of my not so good pics, but in the distance, the mini ploughs are visible on Phil's lovely 26. (An 1160hp Sulzer fest on Bluish).

DSCF6620.jpg.ac3c154522f4680285019a3e902399b4.jpg

And a more side on shot I took of it on Dely Y Coed.

But kudos to  Phil for blazing the mini snow plough trail in 3mm.

Cheers

D.

Edited by TT100 Diesels
Posted too soon finger trouble on tablet
  • Like 4