Guard's Ducket for Hornby 4-Wheel Coach Conversion

TangoOscarMike

Dear all

In this post (and other posts in the same thread) I've shown a 3D-printed ducket for converting Hornby 4-Wheel coaches into brake coaches.

I'm now offering these for sale here. I've included some basic instructions for the conversion, but I intend (time permitting!) to produce more detailed instructions and explore a some other conversion possibilities (this, for example).

I would be very happy to answer any questions, and of course I'd be delighted to see pictures of conversions using these duckets.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Thank you very much Mike. I'll definitely be ordering a set once I get my hands on some more four wheelers. :)

I've probably said this before but look for the track cleaning variety (if you can get them cheap), they have a different chassis with the correct buffer height (unless it's those I have sold on after swapping the chassis).

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Poor Old Bruce said:

I've probably said this before but look for the track cleaning variety (if you can get them cheap), they have a different chassis with the correct buffer height (unless it's those I have sold on after swapping the chassis).

I'm aware of that, yes. I have been meaning to get some for my existing coaches but can't find any. Considering the nature of my layout though buffer height isn't as much of a profit as long as it's not ridiculously high. 

Edited by RedGemAlchemist

• 3 weeks later...