Blackford and Hinton

steamfinale

It struck me that "layout topics" was a better place to post updates on my modelling progress so the above link should show the history to date..... 

The most recent progress has been in the vicinity of the loco shed where the ground-work is being worked on. The pic shows part of the scene before the water cranes have been embedded. Peco inspection pits were sunk into the baseboard before ballasting etc. The camera has revealed a crooked chimney stack that i must rectify. The turntable is fully operational and uses a "Locomotech" motor attached to the spindle underneath. I managed to do this following good advice posted on RMWeb, essentially making the point that the well of the Peco turntable must be firmly braced underneath to prevent distortion when a loco is driven onto the bridge. Alignment with the approach roads is by eye and there's no room for error! The coaling stage is a Metcalfe kit with added detail whilst the approach ramp and over-run are knocked up from mounting card with polystyrene packing and plaster covering.

The main running lines disappear under the road bridge into the storage loops - 18 in all.

IMG_0338.JPG

• Like 7