Realtrack Models FLA Update

charliepetty

They are nice wagons, I have had problems with derailment, can the couplings be changed ?

The coupling hook doesn't seem to allow any slack with an adjoining Bachmann or Dapol coupling.

I had a quick go at removing one but its really tight and didn't want to damage the mechanism.

The coupling can be removed, you will need a pair a pliers/tweezers to grip the two lugs on the coupling that hold it in position, don't pull the coupling too hard without depressing these lugs as you will damage the spring/coupling location bracket.

Charlie (Realtrack)

These are superb wagons, i really love them but i have noticed when running them that they shake a little from side to side, and its very noticeably when loaded with a container, has anybody else had this problem?:blink:

Check the bogie mounting as we have had one or two with a broken retaining lug (On the top or the bogie) if this is broken the we have spares.

Charlie (Realtrack)

Check the bogie mounting as we have had one or two with a broken retaining lug (On the top or the bogie) if this is broken the we have spares.

Charlie (Realtrack)

Hello Charlie

Thanks for the reply, I have had a look at the bogies, it does seem to be clipped on to the frame ok, although there is some play(side to side movement of the bogie frame) do i need to remove the bogie to check above the frame? There does seem to be a little vibration being caused by the wheels not running true, have you seen this at all!

Bondy

The coupling can be removed, you will need a pair a pliers/tweezers to grip the two lugs on the coupling that hold it in position, don't pull the coupling too hard without depressing these lugs as you will damage the spring/coupling location bracket.

Charlie (Realtrack)

Resolved the issue with the derailment thankfully, thanks for your help, but it wasn't the couplings it may have been the Heljan Class 86, it runs fine behined a Bachmann or loco.

I also have some wobble but its only on certain sections of track so I assume its the track rather than the wagon.

But what should we be looking for and as previously said do we need to take the bogie off and if so how ?

RealTrack-1.jpg

(Probably shouldn't say this but the Dapol Hi-Cube containers fit perfectly !!)

Resolved the issue with the derailment thankfully, thanks for your help, but it wasn't the couplings it may have been the Heljan Class 86, it runs fine behined a Bachmann or loco.

I also have some wobble but its only on certain sections of track so I assume its the track rather than the wagon.

But what should we be looking for and as previously said do we need to take the bogie off and if so how ?

RealTrack-1.jpg

(Probably shouldn't say this but the Dapol Hi-Cube containers fit perfectly !!)

HI All

The easy way to get the bogie of is to remove one axle, then with a flat screwdriver between the bogie and the underside of the wagon then twist and it will ease out.

My containers were meant to be a friction fit onto the wagon "they were on the pre production one" so very small alteration to the spigots at one end with a scalpel dose the trick.

This will be altered on the second run.

And =C=Rail= should have the first samples of the refers soon.

Regards Arran

Not seen this 'Yet'! If you return the wheels we will exchange them for you, but before that clip off the bogie and put it onto the other wagon, if the wheels are dodgy this one will now wobble!

Charlie (Realtrack)

Hello again

I have had another look to tonight at the wagons, the bogies seem fine no damage, however i do think its the wheels not running true, but itS doing it on both wagons, particularly bad on one deck of each, I have tried different locations on the layout, to rule out track.

Bondy

Absolutely lovely models. One thing that is puzzling me is where the following bits should go...?

FLA_addons.jpg

The black pipe I have no idea as to where it should go?

I know the yellow block is for the centre holes, but it is not clear which way, or how these are fitted into place? I've searched online (Fototopic etc), but cannot find any photos for reference.

Any ideas?

thanks B)

Absolutely lovely models. One thing that is puzzling me is where the following bits should go...?

This image should help with the yellow bit - the middle spigots fold up if 20' boxes need to be loaded, the hinge is on the inside edge and they sit out of sight "inside" the wagon frame when they are lowered, so my suspicion is that you don't fit the parts at all if you are loading a 40' box.

http://ukrailrolling.../p46153864.html

I know the manufacturer looks in here, and appears to have ignored my question as to where and how the above parts are fitted. :(

Surely the manufacturer would not include parts that they themselves had no idea where and how they are fitted on the wagons?

• RMweb Premium

Darkjunglemung,

If you look back at page 2 of this thread, beast66606 post on 15th November with all the photos, you will see one of them has a picture of cad style pictures plus text to the right.

This shows the coupling arrangement on the left, but then where the pipe goes (between the two wagons) in the righthand picture. The text furthest right describes the yellow parts, the container lugs, and how they fit.

Hope this helps.

I didn't get this diagram included in either of my two models, so I do think they have been accidentally missed out from some of the models that have gone out.

Charliepetty, maybe worth posting the little insert slip of instructions on the Realtrack website then anyone who didn't receive it can see it and/or print it easily?

I bought a secong wagon pack without containers and one of the bogies just fell right out onto the floor.. :( :(

Not having a lot of luck with these... :O :O

Hey Martin

Have you had any problems with them wobbling from side to side?? I have it seems to be the wheels, they dont appear to be mount on the axles correctly, slightly off center!

Bondy

Hey Martin

Have you had any problems with them wobbling from side to side?? I have it seems to be the wheels, they dont appear to be mount on the axles correctly, slightly off center!

Bondy

HI All

Plenty replacement bogie's at Charlies and there are some wheels on there way and should be here by Christmas.

So if you drop him an email he will post them out.

Regards Arran

I bought a secong wagon pack without containers and one of the bogies just fell right out onto the floor..

When mine arrived I had two bogies with broken clips, a quick email to Charlie and I had replacement bogie frames in the post within a couple of days - great customer service and with the wheels swapped across it now appears to run very well - albeit just on the yard of flextrack I have set up at the moment! ;)

Bit of a puzzle, I have shaken and bounced them and I cannot break them! Over 400 posted out, a few wobbly wheels and about 7 broken bogie clips, so not too bad I think!

We have spares here for FLA, these are: Coupling Bars, Detailing Accessory Bag, Extra Pockets/Container retaining lugs for 20ft containers, Bogie Sideframes, Drop Down Pockets, Couplings & wheelsets.

The FLA with Maersk Hi-Cubes (FLA002) is now sold out! but they are still available via our stockist network, so please contact them. All these stockists are per the Website or ring 01132 563415 (Mon-Thurs 8am-1pm & 6pm - 8pm for stockist information.

The FLA003 Freightliner FLA Twin set (Empty) and FLA004 Freightliner FLA Twinset (Loaded) with 2 X EVERGREEN 40' Hi-Cubes are expected in March.

• 2 weeks later...

How about doing them with random containers, just like the real thing.

Good idea! But we have a minimum of 600 Containers so to do it random gives us too many containers, please bear in mind that the current containers on the wagons have two different running numbers.

Also that is why we did the empty FLA as then you can randomly select them.

NEWS:

NEW ITEMS. Due End of 1st Quarter 2011

FLA003 Freightliner FLA Twinset Unloaded. (Empty) With different running numbers to FLA001 £29.99 Includes VAT at 20%

FLA004 Freightliner FLA Twinset (2 X EVERGREEN 40' Hi-Cube Containers) With different running numbers to FLA002 £39.99 Includes VAT at 20%

NEW ITEMS. Due 3rd Quarter 2011

FLA005 Freightliner FLA Twinset (Hamburg SUD White liveried Refrigerated Containers) With different running numbers. PRICE TO BE ADVISED

FLA006 Freightliner FLA Twinset (Loaded) Liveries to be advised.

How about doing them with random containers, just like the real thing.

No thanks! :angry: If I wished to land myself with containers that I don't want then I can always buy the Dapol container packs. When I'm paying £40 for a wagon set, then I'm happy to make my own selection, thank you. ;)

Archived