Realtrack Models FLA Update

charliepetty

No thanks! :angry: If I wished to land myself with containers that I don't want then I can always buy the Dapol container packs. When I'm paying £40 for a wagon set, then I'm happy to make my own selection, thank you. ;)

We have found that the Empty FLA Flats have been selling directly as quick as the loaded ones, so I agree with your point that selecting a container you want rather than being forced like the new Hornby one to get ones you don't want just to get the wagon is much better, saying that the Hornby ones are dearer than ours! £29.50 per wagon less 20% = £23.60 will be the rough going rate, thats over £47.00 for two.

And to add insult to injury, it looks very much like they are copying our Tank Container, with over ten different prototypes out there, why bring out the exact one we do! All it needs is a bit of effort and research to do a different one.

Charlie

Hi,

Just one Question, what is the minimum radius of the FLA's?

Simon

HI Simon

They will and did go round 1st Rad curves, getting pulled by Percy "the things I do" whether you would want them to is another question.

They even go through the Hornby setrack points pulling each other, but when attached with FEABs there's to much swing on the Dapol wagons headstock's as there coupling doesn't swing so far.

But on second rad everything's fine.

Regards Arran

If Realtrack do one with boxes you do want though the £10 extra for two boxes is better value than two "loose" boxes at £7.50 each - but I agree it's good to be able to choose your own mix - for example I want some KFAs but the dry box liveries (assuming they match the pics in REx) aren't much use to me - at least i've a nice big pile of decals to use up on them!

Ref the Hornby tanktainer - it looks slightly different in it's details but with some very different styles of these out there it is such a shame they picked such a similar design to you guys, would have been nice to see a more modern frameless design, or the older ones with the hexagonal holed frame, either of which would have complimented your one nicely.

If Realtrack do one with boxes you do want though the £10 extra for two boxes is better value than two "loose" boxes at £7.50 each - but I agree it's good to be able to choose your own mix - for example I want some KFAs but the dry box liveries (assuming they match the pics in REx) aren't much use to me - at least i've a nice big pile of decals to use up on them!

Ref the Hornby tanktainer - it looks slightly different in it's details but with some very different styles of these out there it is such a shame they picked such a similar design to you guys, would have been nice to see a more modern frameless design, or the older ones with the hexagonal holed frame, either of which would have complimented your one nicely.

If anyone has Hornby Containers they don't want, we can always come to 'An Arrangement'. See Charlie at shows with them in 'Mint' condition and get a trade in deal!!!!

Yes, I am trying to be helpfull. (Statement from a Yorkshireman)

The Hornby Tank Container looks to have domed ends, sadly the photo looks like Arran's doctored!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Agreed. But that won't happen, look at what happened to the DJH '00' Gauge loco range, then my DMUs,and the Parkside Dundas Wagons. Eventually we will have:

Two Flying Scotsmen, Two Castles, Two Dutchess Pacifics and god knows what else. Shame we miss out on good Scottish Types, LNER D49s, NE 0-6-0's,

Small Diesel Shunters, Good Class 73s & 67s.

We might do another Tank Container yet & some different containers. You have been warned! Charlie

Given that these were derived from the 5 wagon sets, is there a plan, or is it a possibility to produce inners to make up 5 wagon sets?

The 5 Wagon sets are different so we have no current plans to do this, working on another vehicle at the moment! The new FLA's will be here in March and the website is shortly (After the VAT increase work we have to do) having the new ones going live for those who wish to pre-order.

The old FLAs will be available at: St Albans, Leamington, Dartford, Stafford, BRM Doncaster & Glasgow. See DC Kits-devideos with them there.

For those not travelling the Website gives you local stockists too!

• 3 weeks later...

HI All

The sample =C=Rail= Intermodal Evergreen containers arrived today, and guess what!!!! spot on fist time, even the colours how i imagined it to be, and Evergreen green is not the easiest green to suss out, as no RAL or BS colours seemed to match, so it was out with the pantone charts for this one.

There are two differant container numbers for the next batch of FLAs.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-29445700-1295388274_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-58753300-1295388306_thumb.jpg

Just to let everybody know, we have nearly run out of both types of the first batch of FLA wagons, so strongly suggest trying our stockist network, these still have reasonable stocks left, Howes of Oxford, Kernow Model Centre, Darlington Railway Modelling probably have the best stocks, so please don't delay if you really want some. You have been warned! Charlie

PPS New batch due in during March hopefully.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello Charile

I have noticed on your website DCkits that you have a set of brass wheels RP88 available for the FLA's, are these just a better quality replacement?

Bondy

We have had some issues with a batch of about 70 wagons with 'Wobbly untrue wheels' so in the intrim we got in some RP88 (Narrower Wheels) from Romford, since the announcement we have sold lots of wheels, not for our FLA Wagons!!!

The of course can be clipped into the FLA Wagon, a finer wheel all round, it looks nice too!

Charlie

PPS New Wagon Announcement Soon!

We have had some issues with a batch of about 70 wagons with 'Wobbly untrue wheels' so in the intrim we got in some RP88 (Narrower Wheels) from Romford, since the announcement we have sold lots of wheels, not for our FLA Wagons!!!

The of course can be clipped into the FLA Wagon, a finer wheel all round, it looks nice too!

Charlie

PPS New Wagon Announcement Soon!

Charlie

Thats great I have ordered a set from your site, I have 5 sets of FLA'S I do love them they are a superb looking wagon, but sadly all mine :( have been effected by the wobbling some more than others, hopefully these wheels will sort out the problem, and then I can buy some more :D when will be next batch be released any ideas yet? Look forward to the news of the new project!!

Bondy

• 1 month later...

Charlie

Thats great I have ordered a set from your site, I have 5 sets of FLA'S I do love them they are a superb looking wagon, but sadly all mine :( have been effected by the wobbling some more than others, hopefully these wheels will sort out the problem, and then I can buy some more :D when will be next batch be released any ideas yet? Look forward to the news of the new project!!

Bondy

The new FLA sets arrive next week, these are:

FLA003 Renumbered empty set £29.99

FLA003M Maersk-Evergreen set £39.99

FLA004 Evergreen X 2 set £39.99

FLA004C Capital-Evergreen set £39.99

Next wagon is a French PCA Cement Wagon, the one after that will be ................. Oh, its a secret! Charlie

• RMweb Gold

Charlie,

Would I be correct in believing that the Evergreen containers in the different sets shown above have different container numbers?

Look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks,

Keith

Charlie,

Would I be correct in believing that the Evergreen containers in the different sets shown above have different container numbers?

Look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks,

Keith

There will be two Evergreen Hi-Cube numbers, so by ordering two mixed FLAs you will get two different or ordering the FLA004 you wil get the same two different numbers.

We have done this because at shows lots of people did not want the two MAERSK together but a MAERSK & something different!

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

The new FLA sets arrive next week, these are:

FLA003 Renumbered empty set £29.99

FLA003M Maersk-Evergreen set £39.99

FLA004 Evergreen X 2 set £39.99

FLA004C Capital-Evergreen set £39.99

Next wagon is a French PCA Cement Wagon, the one after that will be ................. Oh, its a secret! Charlie

Hi are the new 003/004 FLAs out for purchase as i am off down to Bournemouth on Friday?

What are the new running numbers?

Also looking forward to 005/006 releases. The refeers will be Hamburg Stud, do you know what the other containers will be? OOCL, CMA-GCM? ;)

Thanks.

Archived