If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from West Oxfordshire

DaveSmith

Hi everyone, I re-joined this forum last night, having previously been a member some years ago when I lived in Finland. I sold/gave away my models and equipment when I moved back the the UK. Now living in West Oxfordshire, only a few miles from where I grew up. 

Dug out what's left of an abandoned re-start in the hobby last night, and planning to making a 4 ft Inglenook to get my hand in. I'm a lifelong modeller, but mainly in radio controlled aircraft and boats. I gave up the aircraft a few years ago but still dabble in the boats. The cold weather usually pushes me more towards indoor modelling though!

I'm sure I'll find plenty of information and inspiration on here, and hopefully will have some progress to report on my attempt at a layout over the coming months.

Cheers, Dave

1 hour ago, RJS1977 said:

And Hello from Berkshire (although you'll often find me in the C&WR ticket office at Cholsey station!)

I'm more familiar with the Wallingford end of that line, a friend lives nearby. Not a modeller, sadly, but he does own a steamroller (1:1 scale).

Edited by DaveSmith
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...