LINCOLN & DISTRICT MRC GENERAL EXHIBITION 29TH FEB & 1ST MARCH 2020

Chris1974

The Lincoln & District MRC will again be using the Lady Eastwood Pavilion, Newark Showground NG24 2NY for our General Exhibition in 2020. The Showground has plenty of free parking, is disabled friendly and has a cafe on site for drinks & food.

The dates are Saturday 29th February & Sunday 1st March.

£8 Adult

£4 Child

£20 Family Ticket (2 Adults & up to 4 Children).

The venue is easily accessible from the A1, A17, A46 and A617.
As usual there will be a free vintage bus running between the Newark Showground and both Newark Northgate and Castle railway stations whihc have good train connections with L.N.E.R. and E.M.R. See the website for the bus timetable.  www.ladmrc.co.uk

There will be a good variety of layouts of most scales and gauges, traders, demonstrators and societies. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2020!

Layouts/Traders/Demonstrators/Societies will be added soon. Again more details can be found on the clubs website.

lincs show flyer.png

lincs show flyer 2.png

Edited by Chris1974
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Another excellent show at Newark. Highlight for me personally was to see the model of Spilsby in Great Northern days - some top-class modelling of both scenery and rolling stock - most of it I understand scratch- or kit-built, including several 'Singles' - a type which I had always understood to struggle a bit as operational models, but not here; they seemed very sure-footed.

Dorehill St. Stevens seemed to be having some operational issues this morning, but it is nonetheless a remarkable achievement, at over 40 ft. long and being viewed from all sides with a central fiddle yard and apparently a usual crew of 14 (yes 14!!!) clear proof that quality and quantity need not be exclusive of each other.  And for the modern era, the sweeping curves in the landscape of Northallerton showed the small scale at its best.  There was also a wonderfully - but not excessively - decrepit colliery scene in O-gauge, and ... well I'll stop; but if you can get there tomorrow it's worth the trip.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

A good show again yesterday, with lots of quality modelling.  I really liked the venue: readily accessible, with plenty of easy parking;  a decent-sized hall with aisles wide enough to be able to stand and enjoy the models without being trampled.  All this and it's only half an hour(ish) from my house - excellent!  :D  Thank you to all concerned.  I shall look forward now to the post-modernisation show in the same venue in October (17th and 18th).

Best wishes, Paul

Have had a really good weekend helping operate Wolds Way. 

A few cameraphone images of the layout.

20200229_160905.jpg.3b20a4cd3c75c2a70ac22dc8dcecce60.jpg

20200301_161939.jpg.0200d44f2a6877f3fc272b2d93a5a51f.jpg

Had great fun showing people the Hornby Ruston running along the fiddle yard ofg the track thanks to it's stay alive unit.

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 18:39, LNERandBR said:

Have had a really good weekend helping operate Wolds Way. 

A few cameraphone images of the layout.

20200229_160905.jpg.3b20a4cd3c75c2a70ac22dc8dcecce60.jpg

20200301_161939.jpg.0200d44f2a6877f3fc272b2d93a5a51f.jpg

Had great fun showing people the Hornby Ruston running along the fiddle yard ofg the track thanks to it's stay alive unit.

This was my favourite layout of the whole show.

It was really well done and not over complicated. It also kept things moving and kept the interest.

56 minutes ago, Liam_uk said:

This was my favourite layout of the whole show.

It was really well done and not over complicated. It also kept things moving and kept the interest.

I can't take any credit at all for the modelling as it's not my layout. I'm just a willing helper and snook a few of my own locomotives on there :)

Keeping things moving and interesting for viewers is also one of our main aims.

• Agree 1