• RMweb Gold

Launched today are six new Strathwood titles in the popular large format Days Remembered series.  Each 160 page volume is packed with high quality inspirational colour photographs, chosen from many thousands for being full of detail with modellers in mind. Full details can be found on our website, dealers will have copies at Warley but why wait until then.

Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered VI

Southern Steam Days Remembered IV

London Midland Steam Days Remembered III

Eastern Steam Days Remembered II

Western Steam Days Remembered II

Western Steam Days Remembered III

SDEDR6_DIESEL_AND_ELECTRIC_DAYS_COVER_VI.jpg

SOUTHERN_STEAM_DAYS_COVER_IV.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Strathwood said:

Don't worry the next three from the printers are modern traction, well electrics actually. However, I am working on another fourteen diesel titles just now.

Kevin

Are you trying to bankrupt me?  Unless they will be out for Christmas in which case it'll be the family's finances you are raiding.

Seriously though Kevin your books are an absolute goldmine and I look forward to the new titles, as you say inspirational for those of us with an interest in post 1968 modelling.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Yes, all these new titles are available from Booklaw, Charlie Petty, Ian Allan Waterloo, and Tornado Books & Models in Birmingham otherwise order from us direct we only charge £2.95 postage & packing even though it costs us a lot more.

Kevin

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Nothing yet as although we have some good material we need more, the usual story from those already contacted to sort out their material is when they find a moment and they are retired too!. So sorry the short answer is no, but I do have plans for a couple of chapters in the next two releases of both Sixties and Seventies Diesel & Electric Days Remembered next year if that is any consolation.

Publisher's note - If you can help with material from South Wales from the 1960s to 1980s then get in touch, please.

Kevin

Just a quick note to say Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered VI is another cracking collection and was quickly delivered by post direct from Kevin, if you are having difficulty finding them in local bookshops.

More modelling inspiration for us "baby boomers"!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a copy of Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered VI at Warley, and I must say its every bit as good as the previous five. However, I was glancing over at the other day and the spine read Diesel & Electric Days Remembered IV. I thought "sh!t! I've just bought another copy of a book I already have" until I looked at the front cover again and realised the error on the spine.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Baby Deltic said:

I picked up a copy of Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered VI at Warley, and I must say its every bit as good as the previous five. However, I was glancing over at the other day and the spine read Diesel & Electric Days Remembered IV. I thought "sh!t! I've just bought another copy of a book I already have" until I looked at the front cover again and realised the error on the spine.

I'm not the only one then!

• RMweb Gold

No they all are the same as the last minute corrections were not implemented at the presses when we spotted it, these are the problems when printing overseas. The up side is we can keep the costs of production under control and the prices by printing overseas. That is as long as Sterling does not take a nose dive after Brexit or the election. meanwhile I can only offer my humble apologies, stand in the corner and wait for VI of the best....

Kevin

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Strathwood said:

No they all are the same as the last minute corrections were not implemented at the presses when we spotted it, these are the problems when printing overseas. The up side is we can keep the costs of production under control and the prices by printing overseas. That is as long as Sterling does not take a nose dive after Brexit or the election. meanwhile I can only offer my humble apologies, stand in the corner and wait for VI of the best....

Kevin

I'm sure it won't interfere with my enjoyment of the contents when I get hold of it on 25th :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Yes one of them is on the Southern Region focusing on the 1960s, as indeed there is a volume for each of the regions in the same series, these will fall into early 2021's production. But I should have Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered VII, likewise Seventies Diesel & Electric Days Remembered III and Eighties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered out this year and maybe another Deltic title to go with a fresh Class 50 book. Couple these with the 240 page Woodhead Electrics book that should keep you going for a bit.

Kevin

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Latest update on our two Southern Electrics titles caught up in the Corona virus chaos is delivery scheduled now for between 21 and 25 April to our warehouse in Bedford. Apologies for the delays of course but out of our hands. Needless to say the next title on The Woodhead Electrics is now running behind time too, never fear they will all arrive at some point.

All the best and thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kevin

SOUTHERN-ELECTRICS-1 blog.jpg

SOUTHER-ELECTRICS-2 blog.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3