• RMweb Gold

Certainly can, the long awaited Woodhead Lament that managed to get tangled in the Covid chaos and delayed, also STEAM'S LAMENT Bulleid's Merchant Navy, Q1, Leader & other works and as I have soft spot somehow for Class 50s we have Last Years of the Class 50s 1980 - 1994 as a companion work for the recent similar title on Deltics.

All three should be in our warehouse during February.

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Further to the stocktake this week I can report these titles are now almost out of print:

Fifty Years of the Class 50s – only 25 left

Looking back at Deltics – only 2 left 

Eastern Steam Days Remembered I – only 3 left

Seventies Spotting Days around the North West – 53 left

Seventies Spotting Days around London and the Home Counties – only 9 left

Seventies Spotting Days along the West Coast Main Line –  only 8 left

Seventies Spotting Days along the East Coast Main Line - SOLD OUT

Steam's Lament London Midland Region Engine Sheds 8A to 12E - only 79 left

In the Looking back at series these are all sold out Sulzer Locomotives, English Electric Locomotives, Western Region Hydraulics, Class 47s, Class 37s, Westerns, DMUs I & II, Shunters I & II, AC Electric Locomotives, Peaks, Classes 24 & 25, Classes 26 & 27, Riddles & Ivatt Locomotives, Stanier Locomotives. 

Leaving low stocks of the following, Class 50s, Warships, Type 5 Heavy Freight Locomotives, Class 33s, Class 31s these last three are getting very low.

Kevin

PAGE 9 9781905276974.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I have no idea what Pip Dunn’s problem is but his ‘review’ of ‘Last Years of the Deltics 1977-1982’ in Railways Illustrated is so wrong as to be laughable. I got the book as a gift for Christmas and it is superb!

As a teenager growing up in Hull the Deltics in their twilight years were the stars of Paragon station and there are so many fantastic shots of the loco’s on these and other secondary duties in this book. Great to see these colour photo’s well reproduced and mainly in A4 taking a full page.  Informative captions too. I seriously cannot reconcile Pips review to the book I have in front of me. 

This book does exactly what it says on the cover and I can wholeheartedly recommend. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Haven't seen the Railways Illustrated review (yet) but I have to agree with @MikeParkin65 comments regarding Last Years of the Deltics which I also think has superb images from cover to cover. Glad that I bought it.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My thoughts on the excellent Strathwood Southern Lament – Bulleid’s Light Pacifics and Southern Electrics Scrapbook Volume II can be read here https://grahammuz.com/2021/01/10/two-new-titles-from-strathwood-books-for-light-pacific-and-emu-enthusiasts/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Last week closed out with two new titles off to the printers, they are:

STEAM'S LAMENT Bulleid's Merchant Navy, Q1, Leader and other works 208 pages black & white photographs large landscape format Hardback £35.95

Last Years of the Class 50s 1980-1994 96 pages colour photographs large landscape format Hardback £22.95

Both titles expected into stock in the first week of March and will go up on our website once delivery dates are confirmed.

Kevin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Expected delivery date for STEAM'S LAMENT Bulleid's Merchant Navy, Q1, Leader and other works 208 pages black & white photographs large landscape format Hardback £35.95 is 1 March 2021.

MERCHANT NAVY COVER .jpg

Edited by Strathwood
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

An update on our post from five weeks ago.

Latest stock levels show:

Fifty Years of the Class 50s – only 14 left

Looking back at Deltics – SOLD OUT

Eastern Steam Days Remembered I – SOLD OUT

Seventies Spotting Days around the North West – 41 left

Seventies Spotting Days around London and the Home Counties – only 3 left

Seventies Spotting Days along the West Coast Main Line –  SOLD OUT

Seventies Spotting Days along the East Coast Main Line - SOLD OUT

Steam's Lament London Midland Region Engine Sheds 8A to 12E - only 55 left

There are no plans for any reprints, sorry.

Kevin

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The warehouse have just informed me that these two Irwell Press titles The PANNIER PAPERS No.7 54XX, 64XX, 74XX and THE STEAMING SIXTIES No.3 The Shed and The Pit - Rose Grove Homage have both now completely sold out, as we had all the remaining stock from the publishers on our shelves, that's them all gone I am afraid.

For those who subscribe to our free email newsletter I will advise on the other titles about to run out completely over the weekend, there are a few it seems, I am awaiting the list just now.

Kevin

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Expected delivery date for the follow up to Last Years of the Deltics 1980- 1982 is set for 1 March 2021 and it will be Last Years of the Class 50s 1980 - 1994. Likewise in full colour, 96 pages in large landscape format as Hardback.

Kevin

On 17/02/2021 at 09:03, Strathwood said:

A heads up for fellow Warship fans we expect deliveries of this bookazine late next week. The North British Class 43s will follow in late April.

Kevin

DIESEL DAWN 2 WARSHIPS COVER.jpg

oohh is this the follow up to the deltic one from last year?

• RMweb Gold

Expected delivery date for Last Years of the Class 50s 1980 - 1994 as the follow up to Last Years of the Deltics 1980- 1982 is still set for early March 2021. Once again all in full colour, 96 pages in large landscape format as Hardback.

Kevin

LAST YEARS CLASS 50s COVER .jpg

• RMweb Gold

A heads up for fellow Warship fans we expect deliveries of this bookazine late next week. The North British Class 43s will follow in late April.A few

Kevin

A few days later than planned but these are in stock in our warehouse and on our website now for fellow Warship fans.

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

Yes the Warships arrived during the last week, we have a confirmed delivery date for both STEAM'S LAMENT Bulleid's Merchant Navy, Q1, Leader and other works along with The Last Years of the Class 50s for next Friday 12 March. Meanwhile for who have already spotted that we have also added another 100 other publisher's titles to both our warehouse stock and to our website this week, well done. There are some bargains to be had.

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

Among those titles to recently sell out completely and go out of print this week has been The Book of the M7s from Irwell Press as we saw a run on them in the last few weeks. Coming soon from Irwell will be The Book of the B17s released late April most likely, from the proofs I have seen its looking like another must have for the collection.

Kevin

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

All safely counted into the warehouse today we have both the Last days of the Class 50s 1980 - 1994 and STEAM'S LAMENT Bulleid's Merchant Navy, Q1, Leader & other works, with both titles now starting to go out to meet the pre-orders, full details on the website.

Kevin

LAST YEARS CLASS 50s COVER .jpg

MERCHANT NAVY COVER .jpg

• RMweb Gold

A heads up for fellow Warship fans we expect deliveries of this bookazine late next week. The North British Class 43s will follow in late April.

Kevin

A thoroughly excellent volume with some even more excellent photos - plenty of green livery locos for once so not just the later colour schemes.   My surprise copy arrived this morning from Irwell.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A few more titles now completely sold out in the warehouse and hence now also out of print include:

DIESEL DAWN - 1 Deltics

THE BOOK OF THE BRITANNIAS ACCOMPANIMENT No.1

The Book of the LORD NELSONS - A Photographic Accompaniment 1

The Book of the LORD NELSONS - A Photographic Accompaniment 2 

The Prairie Papers: No 1 5100, 3150, 5101, 4100s

The Prairie Papers : No. 2 6100, 3100, 8100s

The PANNIER PAPERS No.1 94XX, 84XX, 34XX 

The PANNIER PAPERS No.5 16XX

The PANNIER PAPERS No.7 54XX, 64XX, 74XX

many of the others in this series are getting very low, so be quick if you want to complete your sets.

We should have another stock list in a few days time when we get a moment to come up for air.

Kevin

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/03/2021 at 15:15, Strathwood said:

All safely counted into the warehouse today we have both the Last days of the Class 50s 1980 - 1994 and STEAM'S LAMENT Bulleid's Merchant Navy, Q1, Leader & other works, with both titles now starting to go out to meet the pre-orders, full details on the website.

Kevin

MERCHANT NAVY COVER .jpg

My review on the excellent  STEAM'S LAMENT Bulleid's Merchant Navy, Q1, Leader & other works can be read here  https://grahammuz.com/2021/03/18/the-next-steam-lament-book-from-strathwood-books-merchant-navys-q1-leader-and-other-works/

• Like 1