Fowler High Sided Tender

I just wondered if anyone was aware if a kit, or resin/3d print is available for the Fowler high sided tender in 4mm? I've done some searching, but can't see anything so far.

mrsalt66.jpg

Edited by Tom F
  • Like 1

There was an earlier topic on here discussing these tenders and possible models:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/59004-stanier-high-sided-flush-tenders-on-the-4f-and-8f/

(From a quick read through that topic, I'm not sure whether or not models would currently be available.)

Edited by pH
  • Thanks 1

Some one did overlays for the Airfix tender............ I'll have look in my file next time I am in the loft as I have kept the instructions. It's probable that it's an extinct item but if you use "save search" on eBay you might be lucky as you get an email alert as soon as an item becomes available. I have had a few rare items in that way.

I can find you a Drawing from an old Model Railway News if all else fails,,,,,,,,,,,I wonder if copyright has expired now!

004.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Resurecting this thread, and not being sure if you have got one yet, I noticed another has appeared on Ebay.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203100262546 

Is @Innocentman still on here one of his etches for the body sounds interesting?

£35 for that.. he is having a Giraffe.. its a poor kit.. not one of Graham Beaumonts best...

Baz

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Is @Innocentman still on here one of his etches for the body sounds interesting?

Yes I'm still here!

Here one I made earlier along side the test etch and build

878709790_Fowler3.jpg.7116d768ea70adb1c3626a88679316a2.jpg

The green version is to go behind a Patriot I'm wrestling with

Regards

Andy

Fowler 3 (2).jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Can't say I blame you, but there are those on here who swear by Jidenco!

Swear at them I would agree ....locos with non identical sides, vans ditto, wagons ditto...never tried a coach but...

Graham used to come to the Exhibition in the Corn Exchange in Leeds with his mate Colin Massingham (MTK) They would spend a fair bit of time deriding their own kits. Instructions were always limited and working out what went where was problematical to say the least. The 6 SR bogie ballast wagons I built were a work of fiction in some areas...

Must be people who like a real challenge who think they are good... I would stick withthe Innocentman body on the Comet chassis.

Baz