Tree making

Just got back from a very good useful weekend course on tree making @ Pendon museum. 6 of us were on the course & we were treated to some excellent tuition from the tutors Stuart Holt & Mick Bonwick along with good hospitality from the museum including free entry to the exhibits. I can thoroughly recommend these Pendon courses that are extremely good for learning new skills, great tutors & friendly staff. All materials were included along with a good sandwich etc lunch each day & we came away with a quality tree ready to grace any layout. All of the 6 trees would not look out of place @ the museum. Great stuff!

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Glad you enjoyed the course. I was driving Dartmoor on Saturday and popped my head into the room in the afternoon where there were some fine embryonic trees in the making.

Pendon has a wide range of adult workshops and next years programme is available to book on the website now if you are a Friend of Pendon. Booking will be available to others soon. www.pendonmuseum.com

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have just got home from the Detailing the Scene course at Pendon, a one day course this but otherwise my experience was much the same as Pinehill has said about the tree making course. I guess the two courses are complimentary and intend to go on the tree making course although (sadly ) I cannot make the only one in 2020 with vacancies. I have also been on several other Pendon courses on weathering and DCC sound and all are excellent in all respects, especially as regards value for money.  

• Thanks 2