7mm vehicles

westerner

• RMweb Premium

The problem is finding actual 1:43 scale models. A firm called Classic Commercials did a kit for a flatbed coal lorry about 20 years ago but disappeared into ABS Models, examples worth tracking down. Arun Sharma/Radley Models [GOG} may have ideas. maybe Steve Beattie [SBT] have a cab you can use.

In :148 scale the Airfix Albion fuel bowser in the Battle of Britain set provides an excellent cab & chassis to build a flatbed onto . Slightly smaller scale. In 1:50 there are Corgi , Dinky, ERTL diecast models. 

I looked on Shapeways but couldn't see anything, not to say it's not there.

Dava

• RMweb Premium

Radley make a 1:43 Dodge flat bed coal merchants lorry in resin but its £50.

Vanguard make a 1:43 Morris Commercial which could be converted and Ixo also make a Bedford TJ as well as the Ford Thames mentioned above.

Edited by Hal Nail

1 hour ago, Giles said:

Here is your ideal lorry. You need to convert it from RHD to LHD , but that's about it. I think It's quite recently released. I have one on the way for conversion.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1%3A43+sava+bmc&_sacat=0

Excellent. As a teenager I worked Saturdays for a greengrocer who had one. The footwell windows were a great idea. I am surprised that, given the concern for urban cyclists, they have not made a comeback.

The new Oxford Die Cast 1:43 Weymann Fanfare in South Wales livery would be suitable for your layout - yes? See the photo on Black Notley.

1:43 buses are as rare as hens teeth and it is hoped that they will expand their range - there are several Bristol buses that carried a multitude of liveries which would be a pre-requisite. 

regards

Paul R

• Like 1