Model Railway Derailment | Apethorne Junction.

CottesmoreRail

Il start this by saying it’s obviously not my layout but I’m unable to find a topic setup for the layout itself, if there is one please provide the link and I will close this one.

I saw the layout for the first time and it’s been a long time since a layout really “Inspired” me to do more on my own layout but it’s just amazing, a full credit to the operators. 

The bit that really made it special was the lunch time derailment scene that’s staged so the operators can get some lunch, it’s just beautiful and staged amazingly. 

Model Railway Derailment | Apethorne Junction.

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Impressive ...... It's different & by the amount of people stopping and watching the re-railing it kept them amused as it did me watching the video..

Well done Aperthorn Junction

Jim

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

What wasn’t staged was the snowplough launched over the buffers by an errant class 47. Luckily I stopped videoing seconds before it happened LOL 

Oh Noooooo .... Something that would have been different as well .... the crane & gang would seriously have been busy that day

Jim

3 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Oh Noooooo .... Something that would have been different as well .... the crane & gang would seriously have been busy that day

Jim

yes, however, it’s nice that it wasn’t posted everywhere as we all try to get things right. I recently had a set of bufferstops crushed by a 60, needless to say, that never made my final edit either 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

yes, however, it’s nice that it wasn’t posted everywhere as we all try to get things right. I recently had a set of bufferstops crushed by a 60, needless to say, that never made my final edit either 

It’ll always happen, I love the bloopers sometimes. It’s just a shame they can be expensive bloopers! 

Seriously impressive, all of it.

It wasn't until the end that I realised I've seen this layout at, I think, Stoke Mandeville, several years ago. It was the first time I'd heard sound-equipped model locos where I could shut my eyes and recognise the loco class by the noise.

I'm assuming that everything is deeply researched, so can I ask when breakdown cranes got those flashing lights along the sole bars? In the early 1980s, I used to work around a big breakdown-type crane during engineering possessions, and I'm 99% sure it didn't have them - they would have been very noticeable/irritating at night. Mind you, it was painted red, rather than yellow, too.

On 05/11/2019 at 22:56, Nearholmer said:

Seriously impressive, all of it.

It wasn't until the end that I realised I've seen this layout at, I think, Stoke Mandeville, several years ago. It was the first time I'd heard sound-equipped model locos where I could shut my eyes and recognise the loco class by the noise.

I'm assuming that everything is deeply researched, so can I ask when breakdown cranes got those flashing lights along the sole bars? In the early 1980s, I used to work around a big breakdown-type crane during engineering possessions, and I'm 99% sure it didn't have them - they would have been very noticeable/irritating at night. Mind you, it was painted red, rather than yellow, too.

I personally don’t know if they did or it’s their for rule 1 of making it your own, sorry. Perhaps others on RMWeb will know. 

• 2 weeks later...