Topics slow to load - Is it me?

Not sure if it's just me or if it's been reported before, but I've noticed that loading a topic from View New Content seems to take much longer than before. Clicking on the subject heading starts a blue bar in the address window to show the page is loading, but often it takes 5-10 seconds before the page comes up.

I'm laughing at myself typing this as I recall dial up modems when the internet was first introduced and it could take 10 times as long to download a simple page....:D

Just done a speed test on my BT Fibre line and am getting 75Mb/sec.

Computer is an iMac on Mojave 10.14.6. Same issue on my iPad.

OK 5-10 secs is not the end of the world, but when you've had virtually instant pages on the previous incarnation of RMweb, it does seem slow by comparison. Is this a factor of the increased number of pics etc?

I'm not complaining as I appreciate the resource, but just curious about the change in speed to access pages.

I'll reboot my router and see if that changes things.

Edit. It seemed to take 20 secs to upload the topic once I pressed submit.

Edited by gordon s

• Moderators

No problems observed recently at this end Gordon aside from replies with quotes or internal links taking longer than I would like. I think I would be getting more grumbles if many users were getting what you've been observing.

• RMweb Gold

I noticed it this afternoon while I was posting my photos and looking at other threads.  Around 2.30 to 3.30pm.

Editing my thread title, uploading images and simply loading other threads all took longer than usual.

Every other site I tried to see if it was just me was as fast as usual.

My Talktalk fibre was giving me around 37Mb/sec at the time.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

My experience is that 5 to 10 seconds is far from uncommon. My network is about 17+ Mbs download with a ping time of 30ish ms. Seeing these sorts of delays on a lot of threads/pages.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by eldavo
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Does seam to be hanging a bit, blue bar goes 2/3rds, hangs up to 10 seconds and then completes loading.

On a Samsung Galaxy,  using Opera browser, normally very snappy loading. Only seeing it today though and other sites seam fine  

• RMweb Gold

The site has been noticeably slower for me too over the past few days.

Sometimes new posts take a long time to appear (~10-20 secs Edit: this post took 20+secs to appear), some pages take a long time to load (~5-10 secs) and sometimes a graphics heavy page will load but won't scroll to the anchor point and if I scroll manually the lower content is missing but will then appear after a delay.

Feels like something on the server is stressed.

Edited by Harlequin

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Feels like something on the server is stressed.

There are no indicators reporting any increased load. As suggested it could be as delivery.