Alsager Railway Association Exhibition THIS WEEKEND!!!

Benjamin Brady

Hello 

After a very wet evening , we have managed to put the signs out , if you are coming by car and do not know the area , the easiest option would be to follow the signs for Leighton hospital  , there are signs then to take you to the Legends sports complex at Bentley motors . please park in the staff car park to the side , and NOT in front of Legends itself , this is reserved for disabled visitors 

Now early night Haha before the big weekend . 

• RMweb Premium

Wife's working tomorrow so I can pop over to the show without getting earache for going off to a show, with having Wrexham show next weekend followed by Warley the week after :D

Bit of a busman's holiday as I work in Crewe during the week. Will need to remember to head to Bentley rather than being on auto-pilot and heading to my office :laugh_mini:

• RMweb Gold

My job today has been cancelled so I’m heading home from bescot, go get changed and wander over to legends to have a look at the show, didn’t think I’d make it this year 

always a good show by the alsager lot so looking forward to it, with the Added bonus of it being 1/4 mile from home 

Scottish exile: what/where is the Wrexham show? 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, big jim said:

My job today has been cancelled so I’m heading home from bescot, go get changed and wander over to legends to have a look at the show, didn’t think I’d make it this year 

always a good show by the alsager lot so looking forward to it, with the Added bonus of it being 1/4 mile from home 

Scottish exile: what/where is the Wrexham show? 

My first visit to the Alsager show and a pleasant few hours spent this morning. Good selection of layouts.

The Wrexham show is really just one of Barry Stockton's train fairs but with about 6 - 8 small layouts on display. I go each year as it's on my doorstep, but I'm usually in & out in an hour and that's with wandering round the hall 2 or 3 times.

I wouldn't travel any distance to it, as it's not really a 'show' as such and the toy fair is also on the small side compared to his other shows. I guess I go more out of a sense of duty to support a model railway event taking place just a few miles down the road.

http://barrystocktonfairs.co.uk/Page4.html

• RMweb Gold

Spent a good couple of hours at the show earlier, lots of nice layouts and trade

grabbed me a couple of bargains off the Dapol stand, couple of 121 dmu’s one in Arriva Wales livery and the other in loadhaul livery, £80 the pair, the Arriva one seems to run ok but the loadhaul one needs looking at but at £30 I’m not complaining!

also got me a Bachman Scotrail 47 for £80 and some 2nd hand Hornby MK1 coaches for £5 a piece 

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, big jim said:

also got me a Bachman Scotrail 47 for £80 and some 2nd hand Hornby MK1 coaches for £5 a piece 

Sir Walter Scott?. I had a good look at that as it was a great price, but left it as I have more than enough 47/7's.

From the same trader I got a Bachmann DCC fitted Class 158 in Northern Rail purple for £64, less than half of what they go for on eBay.

Wish I'd had a closer look at the Dapol stand although I did fleetingly consider a rash purchase of an O gauge shunter for £150. The Fredstone Lane layout also had me wondering just how much longer trains I could run if I switched to N gauge :laugh_mini:

Good morning 

Show over for another year , would like to thank all those that have attended over the weekend , and hope you all found it worthwhile  ?.

For me the highlight of the show , not being a fan of DCC was Lomond street , never before have i seen 4 loco's on the move at once in such a small space , a real credit to the operator who's fingers never stopped moving !!!.

Once thanks to everyone 

ARA