Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2020

br2975

On 07/11/2019 at 09:27, chrisf said:

I am faced with a difficult decision because I cannot be in three places at once, though it's fun trying sometimes!  Oh dear ...

Chris

Chris, going by the number of shows you attend, I thought you had been in three places at the same time! Good to see you at the EMGS AGM. Dai

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Rhobat Bryn said:

We (the Welsh Railways Research Circle) have a table booked at the show but have yet to receive details.  Who do we contact about this?

PM br2975 or naturol on here. 

Rob. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Goetre Fawr" by Simon Livsey................... some personal interest here.......I once drove the loco, and the full size  BR double arrows now adorn the wall of my 'man cave' !

See the layout at the show

(but not the BR double arrows !)

Goetre Fawr - 003.jpg

Edited by br2975
  • Like 4

@tomparryharry I understand that for a 'small' show, it's very well attended and having seen the photos above, it does seem that the exhibits are of a high standard too. No need to go as far as Warley and not be able to see the exhibits ;).

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Philou said:

@tomparryharry I understand that for a 'small' show, it's very well attended and having seen the photos above, it does seem that the exhibits are of a high standard too. No need to go as far as Warley and not be able to see the exhibits ;).

Cheers,

Philip

Hi Phillip, I was a first time attendee last year. Just the right time of year to blow out the cobwebs, and got a lot of inspiration. Just because it's a smaller show doesn't mean that the standards are down;  the standards are as high as any you will see at a national show. Last year appeared to be a crossover between a show, and an RM-web get-together. Long may it continue. 

Ian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Can I spot the site of the old station as we roar through Peterson-super-Ely?

I spent many happy hours there as a child.

So did my grandsons, watching trains pass the beer garden of The Sportsman's Rest............................... until about five years ago, a simple and basic pub lunch there cost us £60 for two adults and two four year olds !

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I am reliably informed, by a source close to the kitchen, that there will be bacon sandwiches available.

Rob. 

• Like 2

It's at this point I would like to express my thanks.......

My brother Paul ( naturol ) and I, together with Peter Lord of Lord & Butler, have staged these annual shows since 2016.

Thanks to those modellers, demonstrators and helpers  who have given freely of their time, together with those of you who have attended as visitors year onyear, today, we were able to present a cheque of £750 to the Macmillan Cancer Care charity.

That we were able to make this presentation is down to the efforts of many people, and to all of you, we express our thanks.

Brian R

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 6 months later...

CARDIFF ( SMALL ) MODEL RAILWAY SHOW 2021

Saturday, January, 23rd. 2021

Scout H.Q. Fields Park Road, Pontcanna, Cardiff.

It is with regret that the organisers have taken the decision to cancel this popular event.

In light of the current situation, the owners of the venue have taken a decision not to consider any bookings, or events at the venue until at least ‘after Christmas’

This is a decision the organisers accept, and agree with, and following discussion with several interested parties ( traders, exhibitors and potential visitors ) during which safety concerns and numerous other logistical implications were considered, the decision was made to cancel the show for 2021.

We thank you for your support in previous years, which has helped us raise a substantial donation to local charities,   and are sure that you will understand and accept our decision.

Watch out for details of the

CARDIFF ( SMALL ) MODEL RAILWAY SHOW 2022.

• Friendly/supportive 6