Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2020

br2975

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Is there going to be a show in 2024? I was told some time ago that it was hoped to do one.

Well worth the trip from mid Wales.

Jonathan

Afternoon Jonathan, 

I had hoped to be pulling this together for January 2024 but events have conspired against me. 

All being well, I hope to announce something either later in 2024 or for January 2025.

Rest assured, there will be an announcement as and when. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I had hoped to be pulling this together for January 2024 but events have conspired against me. 

All being well, I hope to announce something either later in 2024 or for January 2025.

I had wondered - mainly because January was starting to get close, with nothing further said.

Ultimately, things sometimes work out this way - not ideal - but we all make the best of what is realistically achievable.

I'm sure that, whenever it happens, it'll be worth the wait - and people will want to be there.

• Agree 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, vikingsmb said:

Chris dyer fairs are under new management for their swapmeets? might be worth having a chat with them 

Why for ? 

Rob

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, vikingsmb said:

to help with promotion of the exhibition possibly. 

Ah! Thanks but there's no need for any third party involvement. 

Rob

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ah! Thanks but there's no need for any third party involvement. 

Rob

and we need something to promote first!

It was a great friendly show with a cracking selection of exhibits and no doubt will live again..

Chris

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

It was a great friendly show with a cracking selection of exhibits and no doubt will live again..

Chris

Indeed.

I have ventured under the Severn several times for what is always an enjoyable friendly show. I will await a future announcement.

cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Yes indeed. It will live again but for the avoidance of any doubt and to halt any further speculation,  I'll be looking at this later in the year, making the necessary contact and announcements when as you so rightly say, there is something to announce........ as per earlier post.....

On 12/12/2023 at 14:30, NHY 581 said:

Rob. 

Rest assured, it will be worth the wait and up to the required standard. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 31/12/2023 at 18:52, NHY 581 said:

Hi Chris, 

Yes indeed. It will live again but for the avoidance of any doubt and to halt any further speculation,  I'll be looking at this later in the year, making the necessary contact and announcements when as you so rightly say, there is something to announce........ as per earlier post.....

Rest assured, it will be worth the wait and up to the required standard. 

Rob

thanks rob :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My brother Paul  ( 'naturol' of this parish ) and I were the original organisers of the 'Cardiff Small Model Railway Shows' which were held at the Pontcanna Scout HQ in Cardiff.

We were assisted by Messrs Lord & Butler.

In the aftermath of the pandemic we considered the possibility of reviving the  event, but after lengthy discussions decided against it.

'NHY581" has mentioned to me that he would be willing to consider staging a similar event to the one time 'Cardiff Small Model Railway Show'

My brother Paul, and I support Rob's (NHY581)   consideration of staging such an event, and would be prepared to assist in the background,  if and where we can.

We are all of the opinion that there is a local need for such a small, friendly, one day event with exhibitors, demonstrations, societies and a trader or two.

Brian R

Edited by br2975
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I am too far away to help actively but I am sure that the WRRC would like to have a presence and to publicise any event. And of course I would be helping on the stand.

It was a very enjoyable show when I was able to attend.

Jonathan

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, br2975 said:

My brother Paul  ( 'naturol' of this parish ) and I were the original organisers of the 'Cardiff Small Model Railway Shows' which were held at the Pontcanna Scout HQ in Cardiff.

We were assisted by Messrs Lord & Butler.

In the aftermath of the pandemic we considered the possibility of reviving the  event, but after lengthy discussions decided against it.

'NHY581" has mentioned to me that he would be willing to consider staging a similar event to the one time 'Cardiff Small Model Railway Show'

My brother Paul, and I support Rob's (NHY581)   consideration of staging such an event, and would be prepared to assist in the background,  if and where we can.

We are all of the opinion that there is a local need for such a small, friendly, one day event with exhibitors, demonstrations, societies and a trader or two.

Brian R

Morning Brian, 

Thank you. Perhaps we need to meet for a 'chat with beer'..............and I can bring you up to speed. 

1 hour ago, corneliuslundie said:

I am too far away to help actively but I am sure that the WRRC would like to have a presence and to publicise any event. And of course I would be helping on the stand.

It was a very enjoyable show when I was able to attend.

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. Though I have several layouts pencilled in along with a few demos and traders, I won't be looking at this until at least June/July due to my pre-existing commitments to organising SWAG and my own layout commitments to a number of shows this year. 

Therefore, any formal approaches to any other organisations will not be made until at least July. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

44 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Brian, 

Thank you. Perhaps we need to meet for a 'chat with beer'..............and I can bring you up to speed. 

I need to secure some supplies, so may well pop in.

If not, a social afternoon 'in town' ( bus pass,  the use of ! ) may be called for ?

On 15/02/2024 at 09:37, br2975 said:

If not, a social afternoon 'in town' ( bus pass,  the use of ! ) may be called for ?

Hi brian (its rob ingram from the railways in south wales facebook group) :) 

• RMweb Gold
On 15/02/2024 at 09:37, br2975 said:

I shall be in touch.......forth with and hence forth thereupon.