Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2020

br2975

Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2020

Saturday 18th. January, 2020

10:00am – 4:30pm

Scout Association Headquarters, Fields Park Road,

Pontcanna, Cardiff   CF11 9HX

With a trade presence by Messrs Lord & Butler,

Cardiff Model Rail Centre, Penarth Road, Cardiff.

Admission £4:00p adults.      Under 14s Free

Refreshments   -   Ample free parking
( At the time of writing, the adjacent car park is 'pay and display' Monday to Friday, but free on weekends )

Public Transport – several Cardiff Bus services stop outside

‘The Halfway’ public house, Cathedral Road

less than five minutes walk to the venue.

A number of local modellers have agreed to exhibit their model railway layouts,

whilst others will demonstrate a variety of railway modelling disciplines; all in a one day show.

At least a dozen  model railways featuring most of the popular scales

(e.g. 7mm scale / ‘O’ Gauge, 4mm scale in both ‘EM’ and ‘OO’ gauges, as well as ‘OO9’ narrow gauge)  will be on display.

New Street TMD - 1.jpg

IMG_6106.JPG

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I really enjoyed last years show. The quality of exhibits was top notch, and being just post Christmas, just the right time to get out & about. I'd thoroughly recommend it. 

I got dragged into the pub as well.... "Oh go on, if you insist......."

Cheers,

Ian.

• RMweb Gold

I shall be there with something suitably Sheepy......and then I shall be off to work a night shift.........

Edited by NHY 581
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

That sounds completely unacceptable, ewe poor thing.

Hopefully you won't have just come off a night shift on the morning of the show as well?

It was either or...........I  felt it was better to start at 7 than to have finished at 7. 

Ho hum. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/11/2019 at 11:16, NHY 581 said:

It was either or...........I  felt it was better to start at 7 than to have finished at 7. 

Ho hum. 

Your art, think of your art! Whats 40 winks between endless cups of coffee, and all of those punters ooohing & aaahing over your work? 

• RMweb Gold

I did think about doing the previous night. No issue in coming straight to the show from work but doubtful about being able to stay awake all day............

Rob 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

Your art, think of your art! Whats 40 winks between endless cups of coffee, and all of those punters ooohing & aaahing over your work? 

As long as it's not unters poohing and paahing over his work.

The show is in Cardiff after all!

• 3 weeks later...

SHEPCOTE LANE - one of the layouts on display at the show, exhibited by Josh Lovell, and built in conjunction with Barrie 'Baz' Jones who will be demonstrating on the day.

Built to 4mm scale and set in the steel industry of  South Yorkshire , the layout employs an ingenious working wagon tippler and traverser.

Worth coming to see !1388701199_ShepcoteLane-003.jpg.51be870f108f58a9c60b1a9a16934df6.jpg1920729098_ShepcoteLane-001.jpg.d11d53f4cb63754b4dbb1960f08c988f.jpg

• Like 3

About six weeks to go! Again, I shall be sorry to not be able to be there and meet fellow members of the RMWeb collective and see some really good looking layouts. Maybe one day ...... maybe.

I shall look forward to seeing the video of the show.

Please pop over and say 'Hello' on my behalf to my brother Peter on the Lord and Butler stand.

Good luck to you all on the day,

Philip

• Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 22:41, Philou said:

Please pop over and say 'Hello' on my behalf to my brother Peter on the Lord and Butler stand.

I fear Peter & Ros are still recovering from an outrageous 'road rage' incident on the M5 near Droitwich last evening.

Returning sedately from the Peterborough Show, Peter and Ros  were abused by the occupants of an overtaking VW Transporter van.

Extensive police enquiries have failed to identify the VW occupants, who were apparently returning from the Manchester Show.......................

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

18 minutes ago, br2975 said:

I fear Peter & Ros are still recovering from an outrageous 'road rage' incident on the M5 near Droitwich last evening.

Returning sedately from the Peterborough Show, Peter and Ros  were abused by the occupants of an overtaking VW Transporter van.

Extensive police enquiries have failed to identify the VW occupants, who were apparently returning from the Manchester Show.......................

We lost over a hour with it on the M42/M5 coming back from the peterborough show

1 hour ago, mozzer models said:

We lost over a hour with it on the M42/M5 coming back from the peterborough show

Like us, coming back from Manchester, were you caught up in the tailback from the 5x car accident in the outside lane,  just west of the M5/M42 junction ?

We only sat for about 20mins...... but Paul O'Grady on Radio 2 made it seem like an eternity.,

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, br2975 said:

There was a suggestion that said VW van had a very loud exhaust but it turned out it was simply the occupants having a conversation...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, br2975 said:

Like us, coming back from Manchester, were you caught up in the tailback from the 5x car accident in the outside lane,  just west of the M5/M42 junction ?

We only sat for about 20mins...... but Paul O'Grady on Radio 2 made it seem like an eternity.,

that was It by the time we pasted there was only one car in the outside lane but 3 on the hard shoulder 

You really are very naughty people - he's told me all about the trip and the 'meeting' on the motorway. As long as no-one you know was involved in the accident - all's well :)

Cheers,

Philip