To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

S Scale Rhodesia Railways

WayneKennerley

7 hours ago, Regularity said:

That’s really nice brickwork on the wheel tapper’s hut.

How did you do it?

Hi Simon, its scalescenes printed details, I enlarged their coal office to S and cut new windows and bought their dark red brick sheet - I am quite impressed with it as a card model.

Wayne

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Fascinating modelling. What are you using for the two power units of the Garratt? Are both going to be powered? I presume that the superstructure is from plastic sheet and tubing. It looks as though it will be a monster of a loco when completed.

On 23/12/2021 at 17:51, steverabone said:

Fascinating modelling. What are you using for the two power units of the Garratt? Are both going to be powered? I presume that the superstructure is from plastic sheet and tubing. It looks as though it will be a monster of a loco when completed.

Hi Steve, good to hear from you - As yet I am not sure re power. These are Lilliput chassis which are pretty rubbish, with a lot of mazac rot - I hope I can get at least one motor working, otherwise I may power an enginemans coach to move it around. Yes most of the construction is plastic card, acrylic tube and some other bits n pieces

Wayne

Edited by WayneKennerley
  • Agree 1