Coal delivery

Hi I have moved this to the cakebox section as this will be my entry into the cakebox challenge Rd 4. The build will be based on coal delivery as the railway played a big part. I will be using a Peco 009 L&BR open wagon. 
I hope to include a small coal staithe with workers, the rest of this small diorama will have some ground cover in the form of grass and ballast.

There will also be some discarded Lineside items for those smaller details.
The plinth I am using for this diorama is made from Oak and will measure 101.6mm x 101.6mm which I have used before in a previous build. I know it’s small but as long as it fits into a cakebox.

Edited by Bo-Bo
  • Like 4

Afternoon fellow members, while I wait for my plinth to arrive I thought I would make a start on some of the railway items to make some of my diorama.

The walls have been cut to size, painted and weathered. The small ventilated van I had lying around has been painted and weathered. The track I will be using has been weathered ready.

The L&BR open wagon arrived today:dance_mini:

060F7A97-A97B-4F46-B937-4DE5F088929F.jpeg.8cc2233eb732bdb764940702f3228be9.jpeg

• Like 3

Morning just a small update, the coal staithe arrived this morning:yahoo_mini:but the plinth did not:dontknow:.

Hopefully Monday will see the plinth arrive, in the meantime I can build the staithe ready and paint it up.

• Like 1

Hi my plinth arrived yesterday, so I have managed to start adding the painted and weathered walls to the diorama.

The grounded van has been painted and weathered along with the coal staithe. The paved area will be painted up and weathered some time today.

I thought I would share a picture of my progress so far.

0E7F973F-8E36-4E06-A2D3-FBA1EE36507F.jpeg.b71a07f8aed650145232adf53f04cb93.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi my diorama is progressing nicely now, the sandy ballast has been laid last night. 
The grass work is more or less complete and a few items have been added such as, rusty wagon wheels and a few pallets. 
Still a bit more to do, I hope you like my pictures.

45914608-4716-420E-A829-A48F159CF143.jpeg.39f9434fb247f91335b03c1d4f19a533.jpeg971C1016-4975-408B-A710-088F95EC6E81.jpeg.661f689c6b22af3f9d0ee738d59837e0.jpeg

• Like 9

This project is fantastic. Following with interest and draw inspiration from. So much details and life in such a small space. It seems like such a great side project to keep the modelling itch going when motivation drops for the bigger ones. May I ask where you purchased the plinth?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bo-Bo said:

Hi thank you to everyone for pushing the likes button. At the moment I am waiting for a couple of items to arrive, then I can start putting the finishing touches to my little diorama.:drink_mini:

No thank you for creating this little gem.

• Thanks 1