Derby Eurostar

IMG_2165PSs.jpg.7e363fdc6400aa01c33eecd410874df8.jpg

IMG_2173PSs.jpg.a449656ccf53f7b5ed0cd822bf16fd52.jpg

IMG_2160PSs.jpg.6d7070cdaaae523e9969a90bbbbd449e.jpg

Here is the strange sight seen today on Derby RTC of an unidentified class 373 e300 Eurostar set. I've got no idea which number set they're from, where they originated or what's planned for them, hence the thread in Prototype Discussions. Hope someone may have more info and be able to shed light on the odd sight - reports on a.n.other forum say 3 vehicles were seen being transported on the M25 a few days ago.

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Obviously a SNCF one but the panel where the number usually is, is missing, so identifying the power car is going to be difficult.  A wild guess would be that the trailer car is probably a TBFO, the trailer with a coupling but probably wrong lol.

• Agree 1

Many thanks...it is indeed the DM and TBFO from set 3304. I found a video on YouTube which shows a walk around the sets when in store in Paris and the graffiti matches. Not the type of traction you expect to see in Derby!

Thanks,

Jack.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 07/11/2019 at 21:55, Fat Controller said:

Not sure that it isn't one of the NoL sets that have been used on Paris- Lille internal workings. I believe the units may be for use in one of the two Academies being set up in conjunction with HS2; not running, of course, but for use as classrooms.

Didn't they receive theirs a year or two back?

• RMweb Gold

If it’s to go as a static exhibit at Margate, could they not have also gone for the motor coach that went behind the power car?  It would have shown exactly half of what Hornby produced in OO scale.

1 minute ago, jools1959 said:

If it’s to go as a static exhibit at Margate, could they not have also gone for the motor coach that went behind the power car?  It would have shown exactly half of what Hornby produced in OO scale.

That might be the next delivery

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2019 at 18:08, Jack374 said:

WNXX states that it's for a static exhibit at Margate museum so presumably in Derby for cosmetic attention...

And that turned out to be true, both power car and TBFO are restored to pristine original Eurostar livery and have journeyed to Margate as predicted:

euro1.jpg

(Click to link to news site)

I've modelled the decrepit condition as it arrived with half of a Hornby pair so the other will be modelled as above!

Jack.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Jack374 said:

And that turned out to be true, both power car and TBFO are restored to pristine original Eurostar livery and have journeyed to Margate as predicted:

euro1.jpg

(Click to link to news site)

I've modelled the decrepit condition as it arrived with half of a Hornby pair so the other will be modelled as above!

Jack.

Except there is an error in the 'restoration' - the power car is carrying Le Landy depot allocation instead of North Pole so it is not in pristine original livery!   And the trailer has not had its livery corrected either.  So in fact what is being preserved at Margate is livery/markings hybrid between a Regional set and an SNCF domestic set.

• Informative/Useful 2