Modifying A RTR MK1: Help Please!

Evening all,

In my continued saga of trying to modify a BR MK1 to a preserved example: Namely RBR E1969 on the North Norfolk Railway, Ive decided to start attacking the under frame, to convert the supplied Bachmann one. However, I've stumbled a little, I need help identifying these 2 parts on the underframe, what are they, and more importantly where can I get castings for these parts? 

Regards,

Brad.

Screenshot_2019-11-08_at_15_21_55.png

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 15.22.08.png

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 15.22.28.png

Both are non standard fittings, the tank looks like a lorry diesel tank, as royal oak pointed out the fire extinguisher also looks to have come from a lorry. I would say dependant on how accurate you want it then scratchbuild or alternatively Road Transport images maybe able to help, they used to sell lorry detailing packs.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, 37114 said:

Both are non standard fittings, the tank looks like a lorry diesel tank, as royal oak pointed out the fire extinguisher also looks to have come from a lorry. I would say dependant on how accurate you want it then scratchbuild or alternatively Road Transport images maybe able to help, they used to sell lorry detailing packs.

I agree with 37114. the first image are indeed fire extinguishers holders and the lower image is a fuel tank as I think that the cooking equipment is all electric as there is a diesel generator mounted some where on the under frame.

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks all for your help.

Ive looked on Road Transport images, to no avail, Do any of you know any other suppliers that may sell these parts? Many thanks for the help identifying them. I wouldnt know where to start with scratchbuilding them so I'd prefer to find parts.

8 hours ago, Team Traction said:

Thanks all for your help.

Ive looked on Road Transport images, to no avail, Do any of you know any other suppliers that may sell these parts? Many thanks for the help identifying them. I wouldnt know where to start with scratchbuilding them so I'd prefer to find parts.

I will look in my scrapbox, I have made loads of lorry models over the years so may have a spare diesel tank you can have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 37114 said:

I will look in my scrapbox, I have made loads of lorry models over the years so may have a spare diesel tank you can have.

That would be of great help and I would appreciate it thoroughly. If you find anything drop me a DM and i can give you my address.