SBB Swiss sleeper spacing in Templot

Morning all,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me please with setting up correct sleeper spacing for swiss SBB practice in N scale on Templot.

There is the FS160 setting for french practice (I think) but I wasn't sure if the sleeper spacing on that setting would be correct for swiss practice. I've done some research but can't find anything although there is one chap that has set it up for 1:87 3.5mm/ft.

Hope some one can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cornish trains jez said:

I was just wondering if anyone could help me please with setting up correct sleeper spacing for swiss SBB practice in N scale on Templot.

There is the FS160 setting for french practice (I think) but I wasn't sure if the sleeper spacing on that setting would be correct for swiss practice.

Hi Jeremy,

All the pre-set defaults in Templot are for UK bullhead practice. For others it is necessary to make the required custom settings. The fact that it is N gauge is irrelevant, what Templot needs to know is the prototype sleeper spacing.

I'm interested myself in the prototype sleeper spacing for Swiss metre-gauge as I've been asked to help with some pointwork designs. I haven't been able to find an answer. Anyone?

cheers,

Martin.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, cornish trains jez said:

Hi,

I've found out that the sleeper spacing is approximately 3.75mm in N scale. How do I set this up for plain track in templot? I've looked at the timbering data but not sure what to input here.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Is that 1:148 or 1:160?