Colliery Terrace

• RMweb Gold

Sadly I can’t claim credit for the wagon. It’s a Bachmann factory weathered wagon I grabbed off the shelf. I just feel that something in the siding overloads the scale of the scene too much. Still got another month to decide.

• RMweb Gold

I really like the little cameo in the first yard. What could they be talking about?

3D377BCD-68B7-47C1-95BB-81CA4A032A49.jpeg.3fd8297c3d4ca6cd62a26a3e564d458b.jpeg

The photo also shows what I need to tidy up!

I also need to get my head around photostacking to make sure the whole image is in focus. I’ll have to consult AndyYs step by step photo stacking walk through!

Edited by Captainalbino
Post script
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Bo-Bo said:

The Andrew Barclay does look in place on your layout,

Agreed.  The NCB had scores of them, most of which were absolutely filthy. I believe that they repainted 'Llantarnam Abbey' at Blaenavon and the sign-writer misspelt the name so she went through the rest of her days as 'Llantaram Abbey' without the n.

Edited by Dickon

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Bo-Bo said:

The Andrew Barclay does look in place on your layout, nice work on producing another 3D loco.

I wish it was 3D printed, I could then run off a load more.   Its a now defunct ARC models resin kit which was originally designed to go on a Hornby LMS pug chassis, but for this will sit on a Dapol static pug kit.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Captainalbino said:

When ARC models were trading, you could pick them up on eBay, but sadly they are now hard to find. It’s been sat in a box for years.

It’s a shame that ARC models stopped trading as this looks like a great resin kit.

• RMweb Gold

A bit of progress on the Barclay. The frame has been painted and the body is making progress. I’m just waiting for handrail and door dart parts to arrive to move it on a bit further.

9D3AF386-E36B-4943-B9C2-6D300333D353.jpeg.7e8b59c511f2e4af9c086820b8670721.jpeg

Edited by Captainalbino
Grammar
  • Like 3

I love the details in this model, Captain Albino! Lots of interesting backyard activity and the scene is so reminiscent of abandoned railways in our cities, before they were converted to walkways and cycle tracks!

Marlyn

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Trying to get the photographs sorted out for my entry.  Having trouble photo-stacking but shall try again when I can get a camera on a tripod. 

I'll probably not use these ones but thought I'd post it here.

IMG_0505.JPG.331720dd30ffd6d4004dc157cbfb1ab5.JPG

This one gives a good overview of the diorama, but the view is a bit bland compared to others I've taken.

IMG_0533.JPG.8362802e9e52a846313a80dd206e91ce.JPG

This is the image I wanted to capture with the figure walking down the alleyway.  However the out of focus bike and loco front gives me issues.  Even if I could get it all in focus, the end of the fence lets the image down.  Never mind, I have better photos to use, but I'll save those for the competition.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Trog said:

Just a thought but should the grass be a little more clear of the rail heads, if the siding is still in use.

I refer the honourable member to the picture I posted earlier. A line used for Class 1 drags about three months of the year in those days. The siding to the right was still in use although empty on that day.

110_1982-Hednesford (400x309).jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...