1980's Bus Adverts.

Croesnewydd Diesel

Do a Google image search for "Crosville Cymru Bristol VR" and you will see quite a few examples. Some, at least, have dates in the captions.

Edited by pH
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, crompton 33 said:

I use Mabex  or Modelmaster for NBC Logo's or legal Lettering.  You can get the NBC logo's on E'bay set of 3 for £3.00 with postage.  Just look up model bus transfers. PM me if you want Mabex phone number but they only take cheques .

There is something wrong with your user profile, I don't get a message button envelope icon when I open it...

Philj . you beat me to it :D  Some of the Mabex transfers i've had from them in the last year have broken up .  The reason might be old stock. They did replace them on my next order but some still broke up when i put them in water.

Edited by crompton 33
  • Like 1

And that's the problem, matching a colour on screen to come out of a printer which will still match the colour of the paint on the model!

I did wonder if anyone did a white inkjet cartridge which I could swap (temporarily!) for the black one then tell the PC to print black on clear knowing that the black cartridge is actually white...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Did you find your solution? I have just stripped for repainting the EFE Crosville Cymru Bristol VR and scanned the sides including the adverts before doing so - Persil and Radio 5 Live. I can pass the photos on if it helps you make your own transfers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Harvey said:

For fleetnames it might be worth talking to George Heaney at Sunrise who have just taken over the former Model Bus Company range of transfers.

Sunrise Models and Transfers: kits and waterslide transfers (sunrisetransfers.com)

That's good news. I always preferred the MBC transfers for the NBC logos and fleetnames compared to Modelmaster.

• Like 2

There used to be a machine called the ALPS printer which could print white, silver, gold and the full spectrum of colours, but they are now obsolete and the consumables for them are very hard to find. Silk-screen printing is used commercially for light colours, but is not really cost-effective for the home user, although there are companies who will produce your designs to order. One such is BLACK SQUARE DECALS, I have used them several times and the transfers are of excellent quality and reasonably priced.

• Informative/Useful 1