Shawplan

xm607

• RMweb Premium

Did a search in case anything about him

Blog - 2014

Twitter  - 2014

Linkedin - requires log in

Do NOT search with last month, randon junk appears.

No news, again, I hope he is OK

I saw him at DEFine. He's busier than ever trying to do plates for the manufacturers but he reiterated that he will answer everyone's emails, it might take him a couple of days though to reply.

Regarding the site I'll just say that he knows and is on the case to get it back up as soon as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Flood said:

I saw him at DEFine. He's busier than ever trying to do plates for the manufacturers but he reiterated that he will answer everyone's emails, it might take him a couple of days though to reply.

Regarding the site I'll just say that he knows and is on the case to get it back up as soon as possible.

Thanks Flood

I always worry when I do not hear from people. I worry if they are OK.

• RMweb Gold
On 18/01/2020 at 17:58, TheSignalEngineer said:

But not updated for a long time. Still showing last year's show dates.

Well that's subjective, is 4 months a very long time? For a one-man-band small trader it probably isn't.

Although the show dates have not been updated for this year, Shawplan is a regular attender of the show listed for 2019 so it's highly likely that they will be attending most in not all of the same shows in 2020. A check of the relevant show's website will most likely confirm whether or not they are attending this year.  

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just tried to send an order via email, but it instantly bounced.  The return email suggests gmail email addresses have been blocked. So tried another to send via another account and that hasn't bounced yet.

I'd like to order some Laserglaze for ViTrains Class 37 projects.

Edited by richierich
  • Agree 1

Every time I've had the need to order stuff from Brian, I've rung the order through.  The phone has always been answered after a couple of rings. 

Maybe I've been lucky but I think it's more a case of the small percentage that has had some sort of problem are far more likely to highlight it, whereas the larger percentage of highly satisfied customers just get on with things and say nowt.

P

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Every time I've had the need to order stuff from Brian, I've rung the order through.  The phone has always been answered after a couple of rings. 

Maybe I've been lucky but I think it's more a case of the small percentage that has had some sort of problem are far more likely to highlight it, whereas the larger percentage of highly satisfied customers just get on with things and say nowt.

P

What number do you use and what time do you call?

Not answered the one on the website for about 5 years.

2 minutes ago, MJI said:

What number do you use and what time do you call?

The number on his business card.  (Can't find it at the moment) I normally place orders early afternoon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

The number on his business card.  (Can't find it at the moment) I normally place orders early afternoon.

Any chance you could PM?

I have just paid well over £100 but will need more next month. Lima DMU MJI specials he does for me.

Am I mad spending £24 on a Lima DMU flush glazing kit even with the extra sheet to do 116 trailers?

Another pair of powercars are meeting the paint this week, then time to repair B430.

• RMweb Premium
On 15/04/2020 at 12:29, richierich said:

I've just tried to send an order via email, but it instantly bounced.  The return email suggests gmail email addresses have been blocked. So tried another to send via another account and that hasn't bounced yet.

I'd like to order some Laserglaze for ViTrains Class 37 projects.

My second email was answered within a couple of hours. Made payment and so looking forward to them arriving.

• 1 month later...

Just placed another nameplate order with Brian, I emailed with my requirements, clearly listed with product code, name, price code, price and total price. Whether this makes it easier for him I don't know, but I received a response within 2 days and have never had problems placing orders like this. He came back with total price with postage and a PayPal link. Plates hopefully dispatched this week which includes a custom order. Great service.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Anyone have an up to date email or phone number, I'm after some nameplates and the email address on his website comes back as not found, and in these current times you can't catch him at a exhibition.

Please PM me if not wanting to put it on the forum.

Cheers

JP