Shawplan

xm607

• 2 months later...

Like with LNERJP my query has been resolved.

With there being no exhibitions he has told me that his mail orders have gone through the roof. The email on his site does work but it might be Gmail not wanting to send to it. Sending from a yahoo account didn't bounce.

I suppose we should exercise a bit of patience until this whole pandemic blows over...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Try  brian55hanson@icloud.com. He’s often a few days behind due to the volume of orders. Sometimes correspondence gets lost, but a reminder normally does the job.

Edited by 97406
Like a fool, I put his old email address in the post at first. Sorry if this caused confusion!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Also just had a bounce from brian &shawplan.com

cc'd to other address so hopefully will get through.

Is there a system for online order as that would be best, but I just can't see it on the website???

I also believe I've ordered from him before but have no idea how I did it....!

• 1 month later...
On 16/03/2021 at 17:18, 97406 said:

Try  brian55hanson@icloud.com. He’s often a few days behind due to the volume of orders. Sometimes correspondence gets lost, but a reminder normally does the job.

Thanks for the info.....got an order response in less than 3 hours......job done........

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Morning guys , after speaking to Brian recently via emails he has now produced some new Headcode Disc etches for Classes 20/26 after I informed him the current ones were incorrect , here's some pics which I have his permission to post , these items will be on the website to order soon

Dave

thumbnail_image0.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 5 weeks later...

Reality? We all want everything for practically nothing. Result? Too low margins for small businesses and they then can't afford the overheads of the help they need.

Personally- and I accept I am in a minority- I'd be happy to pay double if it meant a) these small businesses earned a better income b) they could afford better support services.

After all, if you can spend £200 to open a boxed locomotive, why not a decent price for what amounts to quite a sophisticated etch. etc.

Standing by for usual abuse...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Derekstuart said:

After all, if you can spend £200 to open a boxed locomotive, why not a decent price for what amounts to quite a sophisticated etch. etc.

Because when people spend £200, they don't expect/want to do anything else to it.

Or haven't got the time/skills/motivation to do anything to it either.

God forbid if it's not the number/livery that they want......

• 5 months later...

Thanks to @97406 for supplying alternative contact details for Shawplan. I had no response from the email address on the website but when I re-sent it to brian55hanson@icloud.com I got a very quick reply, a Paypal option and the parts on my mat within a couple of days.

• Like 3

On 09/08/2021 at 00:41, newbryford said:

Because when people spend £200, they don't expect/want to do anything else to it.

Or haven't got the time/skills/motivation to do anything to it either.

God forbid if it's not the number/livery that they want......

Hello Mick

Sorry it's a bit late for a reply. I was just using that as an example- you could apply the same principle to anything- car repairs, restaurants, driving instructors... The point is if I want X etched component and I want to have 'Amazon-like' delivery, knowing that I can order simply and receive the order on an agreed date then the vendor will have to charge more money in order to accommodate the extra help needed.

Sorry if I've not understood your point fully.

Derek

• Like 1

On 08/08/2021 at 01:00, Derekstuart said:

Good Plan. 

I'll just go and double all my prices, sit back and watch the money roll in, shall I?

On 21/01/2022 at 09:16, billbedford said:

Good Plan. 

I'll just go and double all my prices, sit back and watch the money roll in, shall I?

Why are you being sarcastic like that? There's just no need for it. No need at all.

I was making the same point as I have seen you and other kit builders make before that they're one-man bands, don't have the back up and support for an 'Amazon-like' delivery service that more and more people are growing to expect. I have no idea what your costs and margins are and nor should I, but speaking personally I think that many of the support services and parts, including kits, are very cheap for the work that goes into designing them, producing and then despatching them.

I accept most people just want as much as they can as cheap as they can; that's fine, but they mustn't then complain when the vendor doesn't have the Amazon-like support facilities to despatch it instantly, or run a sophisticated web ordering facility.

There, I hope that explains it. I'm used to you showing disdain for others, but seldom to one who would prefer to see you make more, not less, money per sale.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Morning. 

i have tried sending an order through to Shawplan via email (brian@shawplan.com) , but it keeps getting bounced back, Mailer Demon stating 'message unable to be delivered'. 

does anyone have any advice, or an alternate way of contacting Shawplan? any help would be great, thanks

Dan