Hornby 2020 range "reveal date" = 6th Jan

phil gollin

2 minutes ago, philiprporter said:

Yes an original BR Blue HST re-release would be wonderful. The more I think the more I'm thinking/hoping/imagining this could be a release of several iconic trains from the ages.

For the D&E era an early AC electric, the original blue/yellow HST, the APT (from DJ Models CADs perhaps?), the IEP in new liveries and I can't help wonder if a 91 will also appear, albeit probably not a new tooling given the Cavalex model. A kind of 'trains through the ages' set of releases to celebrate several key events/anniversaries. 

I believe Hornby could announce the class 91 but i believe they have been working on it before Cavalex announced they would produce a high detailed model and so everyone not seeing that they originally planed this before Cavalex will criticise Hornby.

For example for the ruston 48DS Hornby announced it in January 2019 but the measurements were taken in September.

This is how Hornby are having so little time between announcement and sale when compared to Bachmann who announce at the first idea.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, philiprporter said:

........., the APT (from DJ Models CADs perhaps?), .......

Only if they have been bought from the official receiver - not impossible, but I suspect the news would be in the public domain already.

Well with three new potential liveries for the Class 800 "Cucumber" trains. I think Hornby have made a good investment in the tooling. As for the Biomass wagon. Maybe Hornby could do a GBRF white version as I am 99% certain that I have seen one on YouTube. That would maintain the original DRAX limited edition value and we could always respray the GBRF model or decal overlay them! ;). Personally I would like Hornby to do their own version of the current post 2006 TEA tanker wagon for two reasons. The first reason is that there will be a good alternative to the Rapido/Revolution Trains OO gauge model which I understand isn't being reissued and the models are now fetching stupid amounts of money on eBay. The second reason is that the Hornby model will be less likely to arrive to me broken or with parts jingling about in the box upon arrival. Because I was not impressed with the Rapido models to be honest and I think that Hornby could do a better job. Or at least in my opinion anyway :).

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

My guesses for next year:

New tooling:

Caley 0-4-4T

Rebuilt Merchant Navy 

Another industrial - Hunslet 16 inch 0-6-0ST

Electrostar 

East Sussex 3D DEMU (class 207)

Reliveries and variants:

Class 802 in TPE and GWR liveries

Assigned permanently to the Railroad range:

Class 101, HST (ex-Lima power cars) + Mk3s, 156 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

More guesses for next year:

4SUB - example available to measure up at Margate. However it's extremely unlikely the class 503 EMU also stored there will be attempted.

PEP-derived trains (313/314/315/507/508) 

Long shot - NBR Glen 4-4-0 

Mk1 RB - 21st century version of Mainline/Replica type

Also Mk1 RBR to go with the Mk2 air-cons, Mk1 BG on B4 bogies tooled up without periscope, end steps and full-length end handrails to match

15 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

abelio-east-midlands-750x450.jpg

Only, it would be an entirely new model as the AT-300 variant chosen for EMR by Rock Rail has 24m car bodies. 
Seems those wanting to model the MML have a history of being snookered by variation, Bachmann never tooled the difference from the 220/221 to allow a 222.

14 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

I believe Hornby could announce the class 91 but i believe they have been working on it... 

You work for Wabtec Doncaster, Eversholt (ROSCO) or LNER then? I suspect not, as you would be breaking your contract to comment on a public forum. I am curious, what factual basis do you have to ‘believe’. My money is with Cavalex and I would encourage anyone wanting a high spec class 91 to get behind them too. 

3 hours ago, 159220 said:

Only, it would be an entirely new model as the AT-300 variant chosen for EMR by Rock Rail has 24m car bodies. 
Seems those wanting to model the MML have a history of being snookered by variation, Bachmann never tooled the difference from the 220/221 to allow a 222.

You work for Wabtec Doncaster, Eversholt (ROSCO) or LNER then? I suspect not, as you would be breaking your contract to comment on a public forum. I am curious, what factual basis do you have to ‘believe’. My money is with Cavalex and I would encourage anyone wanting a high spec class 91 to get behind them too. 

I know the EMR AT300 is shorter by 2m, But i love the livery so much i would love one even if it is a bit long-I would even be tempted to have one repainted.Also would love a class 222-only so I can have an EMR intercity train.

You are correct i 'believe' this will happen i don't know and really don't want it to happen-I too believe the cavalex model will be a better model (especially seeing the CAD) and the opportunity for new tooling I would prefer to go to other models.Note how I never said I want this to happen, I just think it may<_<.

I may add i'm only basing the idea Hornby start projects way before they are announced-Ruston was measured up 1 tear and 3 months before announced and the B2s were measured up 1 year and 5 months before announcement.

Also I hope Hornby don't pull a 66 stunt this year for the 91!

Edited by MrJack47790

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrJack47790 said:

Also I hope Hornby don't pull a 66 stunt this year for the 91!

Why? What would it matter? We have had this discussion previously with regards to the 66. They are 2 completely different level of models. One brimming with detail and one with basic detail and not much else. 

12 hours ago, gc4946 said:

More guesses for next year:

4SUB - example available to measure up at Margate. However it's extremely unlikely the class 503 EMU also stored there will be attempted.

PEP-derived trains (313/314/315/507/508) 

Long shot - NBR Glen 4-4-0 

Mk1 RB - 21st century version of Mainline/Replica type

Also Mk1 RBR to go with the Mk2 air-cons, Mk1 BG on B4 bogies tooled up without periscope, end steps and full-length end handrails to match

4SUB ?. Bring it on !!.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

You are correct i 'believe' this will happen i don't know and really don't want it to happen-I too believe the cavalex model will be a better model (especially seeing the CAD) and the opportunity for new tooling I would prefer to go to other models.Note how I never said I want this to happen, I just think it may<_<.

There is a difference between saying it may happen, or you are guessing.  Saying "I believe" implies a lot closer to it is actually happening, usually based on a fact read/observed elsewhere.

13 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

I may add i'm only basing the idea Hornby start projects way before they are announced-Ruston was measured up 1 tear and 3 months before announced and the B2s were measured up 1 year and 5 months before announcement.

Generally everyone starts projects before they are announced these days given it likely averages 2 to 3 years from starting research to actually shipping a model.

I really can't think of much if at all anything I really want to see from Hornby next year other than further livery releases on existing tooling - Another model they've hit the jackpot with has to be the Mk2F so: 

Mk2F in a variety of liveries including Anglia, DRS, Cargo D or Riviera BR Blue Grey, West Coast? & Virgin.

Class 153s in further liveries (A few more Wessex ones would be nice) and FGW Local Lines 

Class 43 HST power cars in Great Western Trains Merlin, Midland Mainline (Ocean Blue) and FGW Barbie. 

Edited by surfsup

• RMweb Premium
On 07/12/2019 at 07:44, MrJack47790 said:

Also the class 802 in TPE or Hull trains would be good.

But not as much as I want the in this colour-

East midland railway purple-the future for the real railway and hopefully model form.

abelio-east-midlands-750x450.jpg

Unfortunately I think these are going to be shorter than the existing 800s , so probably not suitable for Hornby to model

2 hours ago, mdvle said:

generally everyone starts projects before they are announced these days given it likely averages 2 to 3 years from starting research to actually shipping a model.

But it Bachmann 5 years to produce the class 90 and the mk2Fs.

I aslo am only guessing and really i don't want Hornby to do a 91.

I want them to just leave to cavalex.

Edited by MrJack47790

On 07/12/2019 at 09:02, MrJack47790 said:

I believe Hornby could announce the class 91 but i believe they have been working on it before Cavalex announced they would produce a high detailed model and so everyone not seeing that they originally planed this before Cavalex will criticise Hornby.

For example for the ruston 48DS Hornby announced it in January 2019 but the measurements were taken in September.

This is how Hornby are having so little time between announcement and sale when compared to Bachmann who announce at the first idea.

Actually, with the Class 91, this person has a point.  Remember Hornby announcing the Terrier.  There seem to be certain red lines, where if a manufacturer treads on Hornby's turf, then there are repercussions.  Until the new liveries on the old Class 66 were announced at Warley, then I had thought that maybe they may go for a Class 66 model against Hattons, as they only have the old Lima one and a new one opens up a different market, plus their sales of the old one, show the importance of the Class 66 on the bottom line!

Regards,

C.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, MrJack47790 said:

I see, a poor use of the English language as by saying you ‘believe’ suggested you were in a position of informed knowledge, to which you are not. You mean “would like to see/wish for this...”. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, surfsup said:

Class 153s in further liveries (A few more Wessex ones would be nice) and FGW Local Lines 

The Looe Valley livery on 153369 and Visit South Devon livery on 153333, we both at a time gone proposed as a retailer limited edition. As neither has ever surfaced, I have long hoped to see them in the main range. FGW local lines, would be most welcomed too. 

Fingers crossed for 2020!

42 minutes ago, 159220 said:

I see, a poor use of the English language as by saying you ‘believe’ suggested you were in a position of informed knowledge, to which you are not. You mean “would like to see/wish for this...”. 

I think you need to buy a dictionary or go back to school.

Belief is a statement of faith not fact. You can believe in fairies or God for example, you don't have to ask Wabtec if fairies exist. 

BELIEVE from Collins Dictionary

1) If you believe that something is true, you think that it is true, but you are not sure.

2) If you believe someone or if you believe what they say or write, you accept that they are telling the truth.

3) If you believe in fairies, ghosts, or miracles, you are sure that they exist or happen. If you believe in a god, you are sure of the existence of that god.

4) If you believe in a way of life or an idea, you are in favour of it because you think it is good or right

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/believe

Lighten up will you. He can believe all he wants.

Jason

• Agree 6

On 08/12/2019 at 23:58, 159220 said:

Nonsense. I believe in God*, but there is absolutely zero evidence for that, nor any “informed knowledge” whatsoever.

Belief is like faith, an evidence-free state. 

On that note, I believe we’ll finally get an East Anglian E4....

Paul

* For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t. 

Edited by Fenman
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

If I believe in something, I accept that it exists without needing proof, either as a matter of faith or as what I consider to be an overwhelming likelihood despite the absence of conclusive proof.  But if I disbelieve in something, I absolutely need verified and corroborated evidence to cease disbelieving in it.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows .

Hornby may release a 91 but it will be their old model in LNER livery . I really can’t see them doing a new model of the 91 .  Hopefully we will get Mk4s in LNER livery , especially restaurant and first class cars. 

• Like 3