phil gollin

Hornby 2020 range "reveal date" = 6th Jan

2 hours ago, 159220 said:

I see, a poor use of the English language as by saying you ‘believe’ suggested you were in a position of informed knowledge, to which you are not. You mean “would like to see/wish for this...”. 

Nonsense. I believe in God, but there is absolutely zero evidence for that, nor any “informed knowledge” whatsoever.

Belief is like faith, an evidence-free state. 

On that note, I believe we’ll finally get an East Anglian E4....

Paul

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

If I believe in something, I accept that it exists without needing proof, either as a matter of faith or as what I consider to be an overwhelming likelihood despite the absence of conclusive proof.  But if I disbelieve in something, I absolutely need verified and corroborated evidence to cease disbelieving in it.  

I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows .

Hornby may release a 91 but it will be their old model in LNER livery . I really can’t see them doing a new model of the 91 .  Hopefully we will get Mk4s in LNER livery , especially restaurant and first class cars. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 07/12/2019 at 18:30, gc4946 said:

Assigned permanently to the Railroad range:

Class 101, HST (ex-Lima power cars) + Mk3s, 156 

ex-Lima HSTs were promised at the beginning of this year and according to at least one supplier are rostered for delivery before Christmas.  The others would be nice for next year!

On 08/12/2019 at 00:59, MrJack47790 said:

Also I hope Hornby don't pull a 66 stunt this year for the 91!

The 66 stunt was welcome as it provided basic 66s for those who wanted to run a present-day model railway on a budget.  It also pointed out the forthcoming super-detailed Hattons models for those who can afford them!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

ex-Lima HSTs were promised at the beginning of this year and according to at least one supplier are rostered for delivery before Christmas.  The others would be nice for next year!

The 66 stunt was welcome as it provided basic 66s for those who wanted to run a present-day model railway on a budget.  It also pointed out the forthcoming super-detailed Hattons models for those who can afford them!

History shows that 2nd runs don't always equal success.

Hornby took a lead advantage first time round.

Once the Hattons versions hit the floor, I suspect opinions might change on the cheap Hornby ones, especially as many of those buying cheap toy 66’s first time round were more likely to be “lads and dads”, who wont want a fleet of 66’s and this next batch is going to more obscure liveries.

A railroad Electrostar with a good paint job in umpteen liveries however, could set the world on fire, especially if they sold them as 2 Or 3 car units.. with extra cars sold separately.

I know everyone here wants real world detail, but that comes at a price, when Hornby really needs volume... people arent going to buy 5 4x car electrostars with super detail at £500 each, but they might at £150-200 RRP for a 2/3 car, if it looks good, runs well but without all the fancy dcc, lights, couplings etc.. and leave that to after market companies...then of course you buy the extra cars to finish the train.

Edited by adb968008

Didn't Hornby do this with the Javelin though?  A plastic wheeled, crudely coupled version

I wonder if James May will be doing another documentary? Hornby in its 100th year would be a good prog.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1