Looking for Club (Harlow)

jbmccarthy

I located in Harlow Essex, I'm looking for a club which is either local or a short drive about 30 minutes away. I'm new and returning to the hobby after a long period of absence, I would like to attend a club who are not overly serious and don't mind having someone with limited skills. Also, I have a young family, so I couldn't commit to weekly meetings, maybe once a month.

Could anyone possibly help or point me in the right direction? Thank You. 

14 hours ago, jbmccarthy said:

I located in Harlow Essex, I'm looking for a club which is either local or a short drive about 30 minutes away. I'm new and returning to the hobby after a long period of absence, I would like to attend a club who are not overly serious and don't mind having someone with limited skills. Also, I have a young family, so I couldn't commit to weekly meetings, maybe once a month.

Could anyone possibly help or point me in the right direction? Thank You. 

Hi JB, your choice is Harlow Railway Circle, or Bishops Stortford Railway Society,  http://bsrailsoc.org.uk/. BSRS has a small friendly model railway section that meets on Tuesday evenings.

Steve

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, scoop said:

Hi JB, your choice is Harlow Railway Circle, or Bishops Stortford Railway Society,  http://bsrailsoc.org.uk/. BSRS has a small friendly model railway section that meets on Tuesday evenings.

Steve

Thank you very much for this information. Are you a member of the BSRS? Should I contact them prior to turning up?

Yes, I'm a member of BSRS. I'm currently in hospital, but if you want to call in, tell me your first name, and I'll let the guys know. We meet Tuesdays at 8pm in the old station booking office in London Road, (between Aldi and the Three Tuns pub).

Regards

Steve

PS don't park in Aldi, park in the Crescent, Avenue Road or Warwick Ave.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...