Collect Bow-End Liveries

Hi Everyone,

I am after some clarification in regards to the most recent releases by Hornby of the Bow End Coaches. The new release (see link below) has the different coat of arms to the original release which was the shirt button. I believe this is current release is of the earlier livery i.e. around 1927-33 with the Coat of Arms and 'GWR' below the waistline? Am I correct? In saying this, would this livery be easier to change to the 1945 livery introduced by Hawksworth with 'Great Western' either side of the coat of arms given the coat of arms is visible. Obviously I understand the coaches should be weathered to suit the period (around 1940-47) which I eventually intend on modelling.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/431070/hornby_r4680a_collett_corridor_brake_third_right_hand_4941_in_gwr_chocolate_and_cream/stockdetail.aspx

Thanks

Connor

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, CCGWR said:

In saying this, would this livery be easier to change to the 1945 livery introduced by Hawksworth with 'Great Western' either side of the coat of arms given the coat of arms is visible.

Personally I'd rather remove the shirt button from that verson rather than try and remove the gwr in between the lining

Edit: see later comment re difference in lining.

Edited by Hal Nail

Yes, the current incarnation (as in the Hattons ad) is 1927-33 livery. Post-1943, coaches were being applied with insignia in a different (sans-serif) font (available from CPL), droplight frames were painted in maroon, and roofs in dark grey. Lining for such non-prestige stock would be single.

Edited by Miss Prism

16 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Personally I'd rather remove the shirt button from that verson rather than try and remove the gwr in between the lining

Edit: see later comment re difference in lining.

That is a good point, would be a to remove without removing any lining

Connor