Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Aberdare - Jim

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Premium

Very shocked to hear this news as it was only a few weeks ago I was discussing cricket with Jim, and planning a visit to see him next spring.

He was a lovely guy, a keen supporter of several layouts on here and made the really fiddly bargeboards  for my station building. Always modest, his modelling skills will be greatly missed.

What very sad news.

Jeff.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

This is a great shock.  He has been a great supporter of my thread and modelling.  I have not been in contact much since his wife died as he said he was getting things sorted and would be back posting when things had settled.

He will be sorely missed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Very saddened to hear to Jim's death and so soon after Linda. Only met him once at York show 2018 when Linda was with him. Such a lovely caring couple. They are both greatly missed. May they both rest in peace and rise in glory.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hello Everyone,

I am Aberdare (Jim's) son, James. I was kindly granted access to his account, so that I could pass on the news to those who I know he considered to be his friends, as well as learn more about the project he was working on. 

It is very touching to see the messages of support that have been left and I thank you all for your kind words. 

Dad passed suddenly and unexpectedly on 12th November as a result of heart failure. For anyone wishing to pay their respects in person, his funeral will be on 2nd December 1:30pm, at All Saints church in Kilham, East Yorkshire. There will be a private family committal at Octon Crematorium, followed by a gathering at the Old Star Pub in Kilham. For those who might want to pay their respects but are unable to attend, these should be sent C/O Henry Naylors Funeral Directors, Easterfield House, 1 New Rd, Driffield YO25 5DL. 

I very much hope that you can make it. 

• Friendly/supportive 19