Argyle Street, London Midland, Central Trains, EWS, Etc

Andrew P

5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So then I decided to have a push test, (no power to the Track as yet)

Firstly the Empty Steels comes in from Washwood Heath Yard hauled by 66022 Lafarge Charnwood.

IMG_0078.JPG.7806ba4f3857675f10946a69ec4a0f7a.JPG

Up to the Head Shunt.

IMG_0079.JPG.8052e96d1e95731bf7fbba968de4eb1a.JPG

Then backs it's Wagons into the Steelworks Complex, and Shed.

IMG_0080.JPG.0a00a40746f6799672f116712d96685f.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG.c9510394e8f079a8c722ea1bdc66684c.JPG

The Loco then Runs off Light Engine.

IMG_0082.JPG.442ffedc3b6159c76f0f16849a933c01.JPG

And Stables in the back road with 66068.

IMG_0083.JPG.2793031f25ad9cc87c51065b2d1ab621.JPG

Nice to see you check out the operations before nailing the track . Nothing worse then finding out only one wagon fits in the kick back siding!

Great demo on the fiddle yard, very helpful!

Might ‘borrow’ the track plan. At least I know it will work!

Edited by muddy water
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, muddy water said:

Nice to see you check out the operations before nailing the track . Nothing worse then finding out only one wagon fits in the kick back siding!

Great demo on the fiddle yard, very helpful!

Might ‘borrow’ the track plan. At least I know it will work!

I had the 66 / longest Loco, and the three BBA's as that would be the longest Train length lined up on the bench, and had the tape measure to keep checking I had the length wherever needed before cutting and laying.

Re the fixing down, you will see quite a few Peco fine wire pins pushed half way in through the Sleepers on the outside of the rail and then bent over. This is so that once ballasted, I can remove all the pins for a better finish, except on the Fiddle Yard. The pins cant go right in as they also stick through the 9mm ply and bloomin well hurt if you catch your fingers on them underneath.

Please feel free to copy away, I hope it works for you mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/11/2019 at 23:30, rob D2 said:

Wish I had more space,

but you are the roadrunner to my glacier , always keen to see what’s up next...

Thanks Rob, these are mere stop gaps until I've moved.

Although I'm still depressed about the move, and all the upheaval I will have over the next year or so until I get TOPS2 / POD how I want it, I'm also looking forward to starting a large Roundy with loads of Scenics, so there will be some light at the  end of the Tunnel, I hope. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I spent most of yesterday sorting out and photographing some Stock to put onto a well known Auction site once they have another Sell for a Pound weekend, so as to make way for some other bits for here, and also for the next project.

So watch that site for.

UDSCF3139.JPG.8277d2c7136b175497543425031d49cc.JPG

DSCF3220.JPG.152b4f0c34c456132db7b2fd4d44eca2.JPG

UDSCF3930.JPG.bbfb394b457dd1fd49ec50df8f969931.JPG

UDSCF4010.JPG.2f431f73cb817fa94b830ab9afc1548b.JPG

UDSCF3981.JPG.e5bba80ffe1e23116cc5bfe9fa7375f9.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Although I'm still depressed about the move . . . . . . . there will be some light at the  end of the Tunnel, I hope. 

Is that to save on the electric bill?  :jester:

• Funny 1

On 17/11/2019 at 11:48, lmsforever said:

Andy wish it was just batteries on my magic grass machine ,had to take it down to my old club and they fixed the wiring for me ,good to see everyone they are gaining members every month.

Hi Mate, Sorry I missed this post, so VERY late replying, It's always good to see a Club that attracts New Members, I visited my Old Club last night to pick up some bits from Peter BB and noticed a distinct lack of bodies, old and new.

2 hours ago, jbmccarthy said:

Interested to know, what made you decide to change the plans, and remove the station?

It was a couple of things, and if you compare the two plans it will help you to understand my thinking.

The first being the right hand Fiddle Yard and in particular the wall that separates it from the Layout, and it looked quite intimidating and compressing that end of the Layout, especially once there are Buildings on top.

The second was it's operation, bear in mind, it will be at home 99% of the time, so I'll be operating from the Front for a better visual experience. So viewing inside the Fiddle Yard and changing the Point proved problematic after some push testing with Stock.

The last very lame excuse is the excuse to bring in and shunt Fuel Tanks for re filling the Main Tank and also more Light Engine Movements.

The Layout looks more open and Rural now.

Thanks for asking the question.:good:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Pic's of the re planned.

EXCUSE the 0 Gauge Fuel Tank and Office pinched off Seven Mills, and YES I KNOW, the Cars are somewhat out of period as well.:D

IMG_0144.JPG.13b259cc4d6849940f938c1890d35915.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG.dcf036440d692c9cf6d2f09746646c45.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG.6fe020bb985beea27e3fb83a3c9f4a22.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG.124f4c7b8cb48708e8c01e9d298b0c93.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG.1715936ab8dd32a31ca38a8e01c3c4a9.JPG

The stabling point foreman is a classic car enthusiast....second thoughts he is just poorly paid and has been paying off the loan that the car salesman sorted out for the last 26 years. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

It was a couple of things, and if you compare the two plans it will help you to understand my thinking.

The first being the right hand Fiddle Yard and in particular the wall that separates it from the Layout, and it looked quite intimidating and compressing that end of the Layout, especially once there are Buildings on top.

The second was it's operation, bear in mind, it will be at home 99% of the time, so I'll be operating from the Front for a better visual experience. So viewing inside the Fiddle Yard and changing the Point proved problematic after some push testing with Stock.

The last very lame excuse is the excuse to bring in and shunt Fuel Tanks for re filling the Main Tank and also more Light Engine Movements.

The Layout looks more open and Rural now.

Thanks for asking the question.:good:

Thanks for the insight into the design process. Just goes to show a good level of testing and incremental design is the best approach.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly Andy builds his layouts without compromising the build quality :good_mini:

PS haven’t you finished it yet :jester:

Believe me, like a Swan on a Lake, there's a lot going on that you don't see, same with some of the compromises I'm afraid Chris.

• Like 1

I've wired in the DCC80's this morning and realised I was one short, so I have wired Two Points to one DCC80, and as they will never be worked at the same time, I just need to ensure that I don't run Two Locos over them at the same time. They are the one on the Fuel Road and the one for the two Steelworks Siding and Shed.

Just put some jump leads on to test so far as I need to work out my electrical route for the feed from the Controller to the Track and Programming Track tomorrow.