Argyle Street, London Midland, Central Trains, EWS, Etc

Andrew P

3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Neat wiring.

you could of course do 2 wires, but reliable running still demands, for me, independent track feeds so I don’t rely on fishplates 

Yes, every point has a feed, and most lengths of rail now have separate feeds as well. As you say, you cant always rely on the fish plates to carry a clean current across.

The Bullhead Fish Plates a masterpiece of miniature engineering by Peco, so tiny and yet with full rivet representation on the sides, but probably never man enough to carry any current.

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes, every point has a feed, and most lengths of rail now have separate feeds as well. As you say, you cant always rely on the fish plates to carry a clean current across.

The Bullhead Fish Plates a masterpiece of miniature engineering by Peco, so tiny and yet with full rivet representation on the sides, but probably never man enough to carry any current.

True, very realistic and they test my patience like nothing else trying to get them on !

• Agree 1

Today has seen a FINAL re tune to make it more like Kingsmill Yard, and I've done away with the idea of the centre Loco Stabling Road as that made it look far to crowded.

Also, like KY, the Sidings are now just that, and are not part of the running loop.

The other major change is that the Passenger line is now separate to the Yard, to enable Passenger Trains to run at the same time as the Yard is being Shunted.

I will do some new pics later but in the meantime here is the;

Final, FINAL, REALLY FINAL, NEVER TO BE REPEATED FINAL PLAN.

1859889288_ArgyleStreetFinalPlan.png.54fddca44e487d0bb2050f970987682e.png

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Today has seen a FINAL re tune to make it more like Kingsmill Yard, and I've done away with the idea of the centre Loco Stabling Road as that made it look far to crowded.

Also, like KY, the Sidings are now just that, and are not part of the running loop.

The other major change is that the Passenger line is now separate to the Yard, to enable Passenger Trains to run at the same time as the Yard is being Shunted.

I will do some new pics later but in the meantime here is the;

Final, FINAL, REALLY FINAL, NEVER TO BE REPEATED FINAL PLAN.

1859889288_ArgyleStreetFinalPlan.png.54fddca44e487d0bb2050f970987682e.png

Are you up for election next Thursday? I ask because you seemed to be making promises and altering reality just like a politician. 

With the forth coming election I thought I knew who I was going to vote for. Well today we had a leaflet from the person I was going to vote for, all the polices seemed right and local. I was reading how she liked walking along the local coast and countryside with her COCKER SPANIEL. Well now I am having second thoughts. Would you trust someone with a dog like our Hugo?

008.jpg.e55fb3f7d850681638082b5ddf8c94f8.jpg

• Funny 6

28 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Are you up for election next Thursday? I ask because you seemed to be making promises and altering reality just like a politician. 

With the forth coming election I thought I knew who I was going to vote for. Well today we had a leaflet from the person I was going to vote for, all the polices seemed right and local. I was reading how she liked walking along the local coast and countryside with her COCKER SPANIEL. Well now I am having second thoughts. Would you trust someone with a dog like our Hugo?

008.jpg.e55fb3f7d850681638082b5ddf8c94f8.jpg

Don't worry mate, we've had dogs called Trevor and Otterly, and many more with silly names, and a cat called; Dame Tabatha Bartholomew Spencer Smyth with a Hyphen .:yes: or Tabby  for short. 

Current Dog is Lady, but to us she is Lala, as in Lady Lala.:good: and been to the Vets today for a dental, we are now some FIVE HUNDRED SODS lighter.:cry:

Off out to TOPS now for a running session whilst Er Indoors watches Holby City.:no:

• Friendly/supportive 4

Can not see any passengers.

Must be a route learning run!

Well it is a new station, one of those modern ones , were they do not need ballast for the track!

Guess you thought I had done that track plan , so you had to change it again!

You are going to have to hurry if you want it for the 25th!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks good Andy. I like the buffer stops. The only problem with scale sleeper spacing on 00 gauge track is that it looks a tad narrow to me. Always been a problem with 00 gauge it's just a compromise too far. They should have gone with 18mm gauge or 3.5mm scale back in the day but I guess we're stuck with it now. I know why of course but you would have thought they could have built a smaller motor or gone with 18mm track, the range of track was so small they could have changed back then, most track was hand built anyway at the start of 00 gauge.

Regards Lez.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, muddy water said:

Well it is a new station, one of those modern ones , were they do not need ballast for the track!

Nobody wants to go there because when it is time to go home the station might not be there as the old fella has changed his mind again.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Funny 6

2 hours ago, muddy water said:

There are actually 5 passengers inside and a Driver at each end so THEEEEEEEEEEEEERE:pilot::laugh:

No Route to lean, it only runs 10 feet into the Fiddle Yard, haha:)

Ballast, Use your imagination, I have to.:D

Yes needed a new plan, I'd gone 3 days with the other one.:no:

25th, haha didn't what Month or Year.:good:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, lezz01 said:

Looks good Andy. I like the buffer stops. The only problem with scale sleeper spacing on 00 gauge track is that it looks a tad narrow to me. Always been a problem with 00 gauge it's just a compromise too far. They should have gone with 18mm gauge or 3.5mm scale back in the day but I guess we're stuck with it now. I know why of course but you would have thought they could have built a smaller motor or gone with 18mm track, the range of track was so small they could have changed back then, most track was hand built anyway at the start of 00 gauge.

Regards Lez.  

HO would have been the answer.:good:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Nobody wants to go there because when it is time to go home the station might not be there as the old fella has changed his mind again.

2 hours ago, muddy water said:

SEEeeeeeeeee:)

IMG_0322.JPG.6e2ff1d192edb8c02a4f50585c79c9fc.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG.efd47a28b8ad8bee58873d4838a301bf.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG.762cf461da72128b3a6ee77a94a743fd.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG.4fef1cfaa6ef1d12993e5388d1638d88.JPG

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, muddy water said:

But they did not get off the train!

It is a it like when you go to a preserved railway line and they have not finished the second station. So the train goes into it but you are not allowed off!

NO,,,,,,,They just liked the Fiddle Yard more so are waiting to go back there.:D

• Funny 3

7 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Just found this and I like your ideas Andrew.  I do like the railways in the West Midlands. I will be interested to see the layout develop.

Thanks Nigel, These stop gap Layouts are fine but I'm now almost looking forward to my move back down Souf, and then starting a largish Layout again. Also coming to some shows along the Soouth Coast again and seeing some more of your Stuff, and maybe also your Dads St Merryn again, now at Exhibitions.:good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Nigel, These stop gap Layouts are fine but I'm now almost looking forward to my move back down Souf, and then starting a largish Layout again. Also coming to some shows along the Soouth Coast again and seeing some more of your Stuff, and maybe also your Dads St Merryn again, now at Exhibitions.:good:

Don't go down Souf, stay up 'ere where its cold, wet and miserable more often :lol: 

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Don't go down Souf, stay up 'ere where its cold, wet and miserable more often :lol: 

Yeah I know, and we have Beaches with pebbles and Mud Marshes, and Trains that run on 3 RAILS,:O what ever next?