Argyle Street, London Midland, Central Trains, EWS, Etc

Andrew P

1 minute ago, Mulgabill said:

Almost as bad ....... it could have been one of them 31s Clive has aa soft spot for.

33s were a big improvement on the Cardiff = Portsmouths, but not a refined as the Hymeks that preceded them both.

TONY

Yes Tony, In 1977 I saw a lot of 33's, 47's and 50's on the Portsmouth / Cardiff / Bristol / Waterloo Trains in my Lunch hours at Fratton, standing, looking over the approach road wall and getting covered in BLUE SMOKE, haha.

I've never seen a Hymek even in preservation.

I believe 31's also worked into Pompey on the Parcels Trains, but as far as I know, I never saw any.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

150125 Bound for Dorridge is about to depart with the 14.25 Service running 20 minutes late again due to Signalling issues around Birmingham.

IMG_0489.JPG.5fdc435f73ae8b816e42e4b1605404a6.JPG

Is that a cover story, for your forgetting it was in the platform?

TONY

• Funny 1

So this morning having NOT pre planned what I would be doing in TOPS, I looked around for some inspiration,:P Then it hit me, :good: well no, to be honest it very slowly dawned me. :man_in_love_mini:

The Fiddle Yard,:). It needed some more storage, so I made a tray to sit over the Sector Plate and to be able to slide from end to end, or be taken off and just used as a tray.:yes:

Nothing fancy, :D so underneath are two bits of ply offcuts to sit inside the uprights on the sector plate, and some more bits around the outside to stop stuff falling onto the floor.:yahoo:

SIMPLES REALLY.:good:

IMG_0598.JPG.71c53cb6cc95516305fa506a65c31609.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG.54bcefa1090462c3ce9e99026d9da281.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG.699a7862292936bf71660fa11cc6e659.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG.b813e09ac763c5c9277665481142df67.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG.83068777e93da4fa37ede681bce3f828.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Nice little job before getting some fresh air and walking the Dog this morning.

I've made the Bund for the Fuel Tank. I'm imagining that there is also a well inside the Bund, as per the one at Exeter St Davids.

The Steps have come from the Double Portacabin kit, so I knew they would come in handy one day.

IMG_0600.JPG.c68ef0655aff7979d7ed2cc6fddeb957.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG.d3facdfd63fec9bc979d41b6b829f43d.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG.0318f124a8cc82ec11a35b6dbe6717e6.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG.c74fc7b7b0c131890fb17e7c2c8fd0b9.JPG

Just the Road to sort out now.

• Like 10

For those who have been following AS closely will have seen pics and reference to the next project when I get down South.

Well it might be started sooner than I imagined,:o I will be going to see if my Timber Merchant is open tomorrow, so that I have something to do in the New Year whilst STILL waiting for a buyer for our abode.:)

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Sorry that the move hasnt progressed as quickly as you had hoped. But Happy Christmas to you and Dee, and indeed to everyone on your entertaining threads ....  I'm making notes here (bit like Santa) only not whether you've been naughty or nice, but on how you do modelling things!!

Merry Christmas

Rich

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Sorry that the move hasnt progressed as quickly as you had hoped. But Happy Christmas to you and Dee, and indeed to everyone on your entertaining threads ....  I'm making notes here (bit like Santa) only not whether you've been naughty or nice, but on how you do modelling things!!

Merry Christmas

Rich

Thanks Rich, Don't takes notes on my work mate, I bodgit, haha.:)

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Merry Christmas

Rich

also meant to say, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.:good:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MarshLane said:

That last one looks very realistic Andy - I had to do a double take as to whether you were still on your model!!

Rich

Thanks Rich, Yes one of my favourite shots as well.

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Hopefully Santa brings you a willing buyer for Christmas.

As good as your "fill-in projects" are, I am very keen to see what you will produce in a new environment!

Merry Christmas!

• Thanks 1