Argyle Street, London Midland, Central Trains, EWS, Etc

Andrew P

25 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

But would Eddie Stobart livery suit you Andy? I'd have thought Intercity Swallow with 'slimming' lines was more you (and me if im honest .. the slimming version I mean!!) 

Rich

I can Dream, haha:(

• Funny 1

33 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Hi Andy, I really like the effect you have achieved with the track . Did you spray it first and then hand paint the rails or what?

Hi Jazzer, I first used a Rattle Can, about the same colour as Red Oxide, but a little more Brown from a Local DIY Store, That gives a firm key for the Acrylic Paints to stick to.

I then used a mix of Light Grey, Flat Brown and Flat Black Tamyia Acrylics. Each is just Dry Brushed over various areas in order to take away any uniform colour that the Spraying has left. I DON'T MIX THE COLURS, I just dab the brush from one pot to another between applications.

Normally all this would have been done with my Air Brush, but that is boxed up in my Sons Garage down Souf ready for the move.

I hope this is of some help to you.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IAN K said:

Is the 08 Hornby or Bachmann .Are you putting any figures on the platform. Great layout .

Hi Ian, The 08 is Hornby, and runs a dream with Paul Chetter / Zimo / Digitrains Sound.

No Humans on the Platform as its a quiet back water Passenger service wise.

So today I decided not to do any modelling, but have a running / photo session on here.

This time I used the spot lamp as that give a sharper image, (well it does when I set the focus correctly) but I'm NOT HAPPY with about 90% of them.

And here is the reason why; In a rush to build this Layout I bought a can of Brown Spray, once dry the Brown Spray dried RED.

But I went over most of the Track with Acrylic Grey , Brown and Mat Black to tone it all down.

What this mornings photo session with the spot lamp has show is that it is still FAR TO BROWN, nay,  RED.

So once down Souf, it will be dealt with properly with the HAIR Air Brush.

So, here is a couple of BAD BAD BAD pics from this morning.

DSCF4180.JPG.d0396dfd708a5b24ffbff8b833d7bd1f.JPG

And the same pic edited in a Photoshop thingy.

UDSCF4180.JPG.dde84be7a8821d6a33d478ddefdffde6.JPG

Un  edited apart from the Sky / Clouds.

DSCF4220.JPG.10d99d975ae27e8b74174b3e460ceb87.JPG

• Like 6

I’ve just spent an enjoyable half hour or so scrolling through this thread Andy, once again a top quality layout by yourself, and the pictures!!! :O

I had to do a double take on the one above of 56049...superb!

Now followed so I can stay tuned, although I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ll have another project on the go by next week ;)

Thanks,

Jack.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

I’ve just spent an enjoyable half hour or so scrolling through this thread Andy, once again a top quality layout by yourself, and the pictures!!! :O

I had to do a double take on the one above of 56049...superb!

Now followed so I can stay tuned, although I wouldn’t be surprised if you’ll have another project on the go by next week ;)

Thanks,

Jack.

Hi Jack, Thanks for the kind words, Argyle Street will be as it is now until after the move down Souf, and other than Seven Mills Sidings, my O Gauge project, and Privett Green a SR / BR OO Gauge BLT that has come to a halt today at the moment there will be nothing new started this side of the move.

Thanks for joining in on the ride Jack.

• Friendly/supportive 1