Argyle Street, London Midland, Central Trains, EWS, Etc

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Bogie said:

It does doesn't it.

That's a rare skill Mr P.

Indeed. Getting down to ground, or better eye level gives a real sense of the size of the loco when standing nearby. Extra realism too - how many of us have taken what we think is a perfect photo only to get home and see an unfortunately placed person or object, like the putter stuck in the grills of 60062 :-)

Hope you haven’t given up on your great videos Andy - maybe once you move your internet will be faster!

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

Indeed. Getting down to ground, or better eye level gives a real sense of the size of the loco when standing nearby. Extra realism too - how many of us have taken what we think is a perfect photo only to get home and see an unfortunately placed person or object, like the putter stuck in the grills of 60062 :-)

Hope you haven’t given up on your great videos Andy - maybe once you move your internet will be faster!

I cant see what your talking about, what's a putter? and where is it?

SEEN IT, :good:I have been told below.:maninlove:

Edited by Andrew P

14 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I cant see what your talking about, what's a putter? and where is it?

2 minutes ago, Ray H said:

The top of the lamp apparently sticking out of the roof grille?

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I think the wise crack is about the lamp post behind the loco.................not everyone photoshops their pictures.

Cheers Guys, I'm getting paranoid about my pics now.

SORRY Brushman.:)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Guys, I'm getting paranoid about my pics now.

SORRY Brushman.:)

No worries. Your photos are superb and I like the fact you don’t photoshop them as it makes them more true to prototype. I was just seeking to add a bit of levity - seeing the lamp above the grills made me smile. Been there, done that...

A putter is a golf club btw and the head looks exactly like the lamp.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I think the wise crack is about the lamp post behind the loco.................not everyone photoshops their pictures.

A friend of mine in London, used to go up the wall when he was taking photos on the real railway of lamps sticking out of the top of trains, no matter how low down he got he still couldn't get rid of all them - use to say it was the hedgehog effect!

Then he found the art of scanning, and took them all out in photoshop!!!  We used to joke that one day somebod from the Health & Safety mob seeing his images in magazines was going to start asking why no London suburban stations had platform lights!! :)

Love that last shot of the 08 Andy - not sure what it is, but there is something about the wheels on the OBA that really makes me think its a real picture .... I am starting to consider that your fooling us all, and this yard is stuck in a timewarp, somewhere in the Derbyshire area ;) hehe!  Keep going mate, your putting us all to shame....

Rich

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, philip-griffiths said:

Andy.  I see you use Gaugemaster and Signatrak DCC systems. Which other offerings have you tried and what is your verdict?  

thanks. Regards. 

Hi Philip, The Gaugemaster was my original DCC Controller and is a superb product, but to me, it's only 2 major failings are that past F9, you cannot see what is switched on, and you cannot change a function between Latch and Momentary.

With the Signatrack you can do both of those things, and more, especially being able to assign Sounds in groups, i.e. if you have two or more different Locos of the same Class, say a 37 for example, and they ALL have the same Sound Chip, all you need to do is assign the letter from the system. If on the other hand you have several 37's with different Sound files, you merely assign different letters from the system. This whole process takes less than 10 minutes for the first one to set up, and less than 1 minute after that if it's in the system as you do it at the same time as changing it's DCC Address, i.e. Add 3711 Sound code E. and it's done.

The down side on the Signatrack is the lack of buttons on the Hand Set, you only have a basic 5, but the knob is a superb action and is easy to hold and control. But at least you can have the screen on at the same time and see all 28 NAMED functions, and use them in conjunction with the hand set on the touch screen.

I hope this help a little, and finally, if one had to go, I would keep the Signatrack.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The down side on the Signatrack is the lack of buttons on the Hand Set, you only have a basic 5, but the knob is a superb action and is easy to hold and control. But at least you can have the screen on at the same time and see all 28 NAMED functions, and use them in conjunction with the hand set on the touch screen.

I hope this help a little, and finally, if one had to go, I would keep the Signatrack.

Thanks Andy, that is very informative.

I had not thought about latching on the Gaugemaster - an oversight, that is very useful. I looked at the NCE and noticed a similar issue with accessing F9 and upwards.  When I looked at Signatrak, the limit on the functions on the hand-set looked like an issue, but are you saying that the screen on the main box can switch to be of use by both the throttle on the box and the hand-held?  

regards

1 hour ago, philip-griffiths said:

Thanks Andy, that is very informative.

I had not thought about latching on the Gaugemaster - an oversight, that is very useful. I looked at the NCE and noticed a similar issue with accessing F9 and upwards.  When I looked at Signatrak, the limit on the functions on the hand-set looked like an issue, but are you saying that the screen on the main box can switch to be of use by both the throttle on the box and the hand-held?  

regards

Yes, you can have the Screen on to tap the functions, and use the Hand Set to control your speed, and the screen for things like Flange Squeal, or other sounds like some Steam  sounds.

Here's a couple of Screen shots, please ask if you need any more info.

NOTE, = Green is Monentry, and Blue is Latching, and you change to what you want when naming the functions.

IMG_5138.JPG.702dfb127762d76cc6f97304a172e537.JPG

ACE_Screen2.jpg.64357e81853d3c5e127fa10c934e9bbe.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4