Argyle Street, London Midland, Central Trains, EWS, Etc

Andrew P

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I went all day at the Syston show without a cuppa and a lump of Swiss Roll. I was waiting for my mate Jeff to turn up so I could buy him and the old fella who he is kind enough to take to shows a drink and cake. They never turned up.  

It rained, and so I didn't want to get my paws wet.:unsure:

If they did a takeaway you could have used Deliveroooo.:rolleyes:

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Is that a centro 150 Andy ?

what is it like ? Does the engine block really spoil its looks ? Thinking of getting one 

Hi Rob, Yes it's the early one with the tinted windows, so the Motor block does not show, and to be honest I prefer it as I don't need passengers.

390036047_CentralTrains150Unit.jpg.aaca65a16649565e42ef384eb270333a.jpg

UIMG_0873.JPG.54088b380fac6ca6e8198c2880ddbd39.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG.200c25d3a8f960906e0cd5fe414b040b.JPG

UIMG_0483.JPG.b9133ec7998a455d50b13d631293f846.JPG

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Nobody goes to Argyle Street.....they dare not, before they go home himself might have sold and they could end up anywhere.

Or, back on bare boards,:o but not for some time Boys, haha.:good:

• Funny 1

Now with an offer secured on TOPS Towers, I need to make a decision on Argyle St, the property we have put an offer in on will have no TOPS / The Old Potting Shed, or POD / Pit of Doom for some time, so things will need to go into storage, and the less there is of my rubbish the better, so with that in mind, and the fact that I will be keeping Seven Mills, I may look to move AS on fairly soon, so over the next week or so, I'll do some more pics for myself and a Mag article I'm currently writing.

More updates again soon.

DSCF4403.JPG.1b1ba1b00cf4949c12ad5917ae70c898.JPG

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I may look to move AS on fairly soon,

16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

So with AS now Sold 

we know you work fast, but from “may move it on” to “sold” in a little over 17 hours must be a record.

Probably for the best now you should be moving though. You’ll have the watch the removers like a hawk when they transport Seven Mills Sidings and two layouts just makes it much more difficult. Just don’t be tempted to build something else between exchange of contracts and completion! Good luck with the move btw.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

we know you work fast, but from “may move it on” to “sold” in a little over 17 hours must be a record.

Probably for the best now you should be moving though. You’ll have the watch the removers like a hawk when they transport Seven Mills Sidings and two layouts just makes it much more difficult. Just don’t be tempted to build something else between exchange of contracts and completion! Good luck with the move btw.

Thanks Andrew, Yes an hour and a half or thereabouts on Flea Bay to the same chap that bought Kingsmill TMD a few Months ago, (he still has that by the way).

I can't build any more now as I have to start taking the framework down when I get back from the Coast on Wednesday.:good:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MartynJPearson said:

Congratulations on the house sale Andy, and good luck with the move. When we moved house around 5 years ago there were comments from Mrs P about how many boxes appeared to have been labelled as "trains" :)

And how many were labelled Shoes and Handbags? haha:)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1