Railway Modeller December 2019 to feature Sir Rod's Layout

keefer

Jeremy Vine questioned whether or not Rod had actually done all the work himself on his radio 2 show this week. I think he was a bit surprised when he had Rod AND Jools Holland call in to set the record straight.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

The exposure our hobby is currently receiving is just great.

It is also worth noting that there are also a number of railway related TV programs that are running at the moment which again is good PR.

I read Sir Rod's article & enjoyed it very much, the question I have is as the layout was not UK based would it be better placed in the sister magazine Continental Modeller?

Anyhow, it was a good read.

On 15/11/2019 at 23:33, jacko said:

Jeremy Vine questioned whether or not Rod had actually done all the work himself on his radio 2 show this week. I think he was a bit surprised when he had Rod AND Jools Holland call in to set the record straight.

In Model Railroader, he wrote that the only bit he didn't do himself was build the frames for the baseboards.

Cheers

David

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, betehumane said:

I've been unable to find a copy of this anywhere! Does anyone know if it's sold out?

Wouldn't be surprised if it has - have tried looking for it in a couple of places (one of which I bought my last issue from) and no luck

• RMweb Gold
On 04/12/2019 at 12:20, betehumane said:

I've been unable to find a copy of this anywhere! Does anyone know if it's sold out?

Sold out according to the Peco website

https://peco-uk.com/pages/railway-modeller#RM-2

and the January edition is due next week, on Thursday coming.

All the best

Keith

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jacko said:

Just picked up a a copy at my local Asda and they still had plenty left.  Might be worth you touring your local supermarkets. 

Maybe you live in a younger people area, where no one has heard of Sir Rod!

i was going to mention that the central belt of Scotland was probably Rod's biggest fanbase but, as an ex-pat Northumbrian i can't get on with his warbling and would rather listen to Kathryn Tickell on the Northumbrian small pipes  :D