BRM £5 Warley Offer

dogbox321

Hi, been bombarded with this offer from a number of companies that I have purchased from in the past.

After the initial 5 magazines, with the DD continuing at £12.49 afterwards every quarter, is there a specific minimum continuation period with the offer? (as the e-mail dosen't refer to one?)

Regards,

C.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dogbox321 said:

is there a specific minimum continuation period

It is for a minimum 12 month period, it should be in the T&C's somewhere. I have seen people on Facebook ask "Can I cancel after I've had the 5 issues?", I read that as "Can I just pay £5, get 5 issues of the mag (cover price £23.75), the Warley ticket (full price £17.50) and a goody bag valued at £60?"

It's a good offer and there's some very good content coming up over the next year including some of the best layouts around at the present.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It is for a minimum 12 month period, it should be in the T&C's somewhere. I have seen people on Facebook ask "Can I cancel after I've had the 5 issues?", I read that as "Can I just pay £5, get 5 issues of the mag (cover price £23.75), the Warley ticket (full price £17.50) and a goody bag valued at £60?"

It's a good offer and there's some very good content coming up over the next year including some of the best layouts around at the present.

Hi Andy, where are the T&C's stating the minimum period?

In the emails from Kernow, TMC and Rails Of Sheffield this is the exact text:

T&Cs: Offer closes at midnight on Sunday, November 17th. Tickets sent via First Class post on November 18th. Collect your Goody Bag and 1st issue of BRM at the show from the BRM stand. After your 5 issues of BRM your subscription changes to £12.49 per quarter by Direct Debit.

When you click on the link provided in the emails also, I don't see any T&C's stating the minimum subscription period?

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/store/promotions/british-railway-modelling/BRM%2fPREWARLEY19TMC?mc_cid=0717d8c63d&mc_eid=e19ce2367d

I apologise if I'm being thick, I just cant see where it states the minimum subscription period as it does seem to be very ambiguous.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Heritage Tim said:

Hi Andy, where are the T&C's stating the minimum period?

The response I've had is that they're confirmed in the covering letter which is sent out to subscribers. I agree that the requirement should be more prominent but all I can do is be as clear as possible at this end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Andy, many thanks for the info (and sorry for stirring the hornets nest!).  

I expected it would be for a given period, but just wanted to check, before confirming.  (Remembering the days of the Railway Book Club flyer that was in most magazines many years ago!  I must be getting old!). 

Regards,

C.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Remembering the days of the Railway Book Club flyer that was in most magazines many years ago!  I must be getting old!

Yup, that was Hotel California! We're not that bad!

Hi Andy,

This is a genuine request for information. No criticism intended or implied.

How do you get the free admission to Warley?

The 5 free issues will be delivered by post, the Goody Bag must be collected from BRM desk at the show (a perfectly reasonable condition), but there is no info that I can find which explains the procedure for obtaining a ticket for one's prefered attendance day or some other procedure for gaining free entry to the show.

Of course, without attendance, there's no way to obtain the goody bag either.

I realise you may not be in charge of running this promotion, but you are 'our man in BRM'.  Can you offer some enlightenment as to how to claim free entry, please?

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by pauliebanger
Removed a duplicate word

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, pauliebanger said:

Hi Andy,

This is a genuine request for information. No criticism intended or implied.

How do you get the free admission to Warley?

The 5 free issues will be delivered by post, the Goody Bag must be collected from BRM desk at the show (a perfectly reasonable condition), but there is no info that I can find which explains the procedure for obtaining a ticket for one's prefered attendance day or some other procedure for gaining free entry to the show.

Of course, without attendance, there's no way to obtain the goody bag either.

I realise you may not be in charge of running this promotion, but you are 'our man in BRM'.  Can you offer some enlightenment as to how to claim free entry, please?

Best regards,

Paul

The ticket will be sent, first class on Monday morning. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, pauliebanger said:

Can you offer some enlightenment as to how to claim free entry, please?

I would say if you haven't received a ticket by the beginning of next week Paul give Carly an email at RMWebGold@warnersgroup.co.uk

I believe the tickets can be used either day.

On 15/11/2019 at 15:40, AY Mod said:

I would say if you haven't received a ticket by the beginning of next week Paul give Carly an email at RMWebGold@warnersgroup.co.uk

I believe the tickets can be used either day.

If they are standard Warley tickets (i.e. if BRM is effectively acting as a forwarding agent by purchasing tickets and passing them on to subscribers as opposed to printing its own special tickets), then yes, they are valid either day.

It appears there's the same lack of clarity about the offer and lack of any information about the actual tickets as last year. I remember people asking the same questions then.

Yours truly was one of those people left not knowing how I was going to get in to the show, until almost the last minute.

I had to phone in to find out what was going on and my tickets arrived with only a couple of days to go.

The offer was very well worthwhile from my point of view, but I would have thought lessons had been learnt about the hiccups.

Maybe better luck next time.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 15/11/2019 at 09:04, andyman7 said:

It's not as obvious as it could be in the Ts and Cs but I agree that to get all that for a fiver and then cancel would have been somewhat unrealistic if we wanted BRM to continue as a going concern!

If i remember correctly BRM ran a very similar offer for the Ally Pally show this year with a free ticket, goody bag and 5 issues for £5 and that was a no risk offer that clearly stated you could cancel after the 5 issues and only pay the £5. It seems they have changed the Ts and Cs for this offer.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bart2day said:

If i remember correctly BRM ran a very similar offer for the Ally Pally show this year with a free ticket, goody bag and 5 issues for £5 and that was a no risk offer that clearly stated you could cancel after the 5 issues and only pay the £5. It seems they have changed the Ts and Cs for this offer.

It's a bit different when the ticket is for one of our shows rather than one where we have paid Warley for the tickets.

• Informative/Useful 1