Forum connectivity or performance issues

• RMweb Premium

It ground so slowly last night I couldn't get on to winge about it.. But it's working fine this morning..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AY Mod said:

As I've said it's being monitored and referred to our hosting. No need to to keep me-tooing.

Not intended as a 'me too', but I'm not convinced that the problem is related (solely) to ads. I access the site from several devices, with and without Adguard, and the slow/522 errors occur in both cases.

Hope that this is of some help.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, truffy said:

I'm not convinced that the problem is related (solely) to ads.

It isn't, I tested that too. Hosting denies the problem's at their end, they're blaming Cloudflare for it but I've proved that's not the case. I will continue to monitor and poke people with sticks. Dediserve support isn't what it used to be I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• Moderators

Various tweaks to the Apache software on the server to see if heavy loads can be better handled but we won't know until peak times if that's been successful. All seems OK at the present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The slowdown seems to be cyclical.  I suppose its load related in some way.  The worst instance I experienced was after submitting a post earlier in the week, it just sat there with the "submit" button greyed out and eventually popped up a message that the post had failed.

Of course, after refreshing the page, it turned out that the post had gone through quite happily!  I try to be relaxed about these things....

(FYI this post took about 10 seconds to go through the system)

Edited by Hroth
timing update

• RMweb Gold

Been having a mooch around the site this evening on and off for the last 30-45mins, seems to be quite zippy so far. Only one slight pause when going to the home page but that was only about 5 secs, nothing like the 30sec times before. So far so good.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The site definitely seems to have come to life again. No significant hangs seen today.

John

Further comment: Posting is almost instantaneous today as compared with a few days ago when it was taking a really long time.

Edited by JJGraphics
Add further comment
  • Agree 3

There are still some strange things going on. When I signed-in this morning, I got this even though the sign-in actually worked correctly:

01.jpg.bfaed67e3ac6e860b8bd737087e3c2bc.jpg 

I've seen this before on several occasions and in every case the sign-in takes place despite the warning.

John

• Agree 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

JJGraphics I've been getting that message since the current forum software was introduced. As the sign in has worked (despite the warning) I just ignore it.

Are you using a bookmarked URL? It may be out of date. Bookmark rmweb.co.uk/community and see if that resolves it.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I am monitoring it and looking at performance Vs traffic levels so further reports won't be necessary. Monitoring is all I'll be doing today though.

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Are you using a bookmarked URL? It may be out of date. Bookmark rmweb.co.uk/community and see if that resolves it.

Bookmark is as above . . . and has been since the new forum software.

John

Fingers crossed . . . I am currently experiencing the best performance of the forums since the new software was introduced. It's been much better since Monday morning, but I did not want to speak too soon!

Thanks to Andy for whatever has been done.

John

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, JJGraphics said:

Thanks to Andy for whatever has been done.

There's now a scheduled restart of the Apache httpd service in the early morning each day to reduce the risk of hanging.

• Thanks 6
  • Informative/Useful 3