Forum connectivity or performance issues

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After today's upgrade the forum response is consistently good for me at the moment and better than it's been for some weeks.

That might change as the server deals with more requests and more users online but it's looking good at the moment!

@AY Mod Did the upgrade address any performance issues?

• Informative/Useful 1

Just logged on my iPad and seem to have lost the best part of half the screen with the content squeezed across to the left. It wasn’t so obvious on my 27” Mac. I would guess it‘s 75 % topic display on my Mac but only 55% on my iPad.

Personally, anything other than the actual topics is irrelevant, but then I’m an old fella and probably out of touch....:D

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Ian Smeeton said:

Post forum upgrade report.

Only Half an RMWeb, but it is twice as long!!!

image.png.5e8d4740cbc7f86fb50c302f11dd9e22.png

I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing!!

Regards

Ian

Back to full screen view now. Much preferred.

Now, where have those adverts gone? I was quite enjoying the eye-candy in a couple. No idea what they were selling, seemed to be in Korean or Japanese, but nice eye-candy all the same.

Regards

Ian

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

A bit early to say, some things take days to become apparent. 

General browsing seems to be a lot quicker post upgrade.

edit: and posting is quicker.

Edited by 57xx
Added info
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Richard E said:

No quicker for me and the forum 'fell over' this morning.

1581806423_ScreenShot2020-02-26at10_54_50.png.ac0d12dc5b72a9f0379ef1e427aa436c.png

It didn't 'fall over' - I'd left a note (and also on our Facebook server status page) to say that there was further planned work. Observations at this end last night and so far this morning evidence better performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It didn't 'fall over' - I'd left a note (and also on our Facebook server status page) to say that there was further planned work. Observations at this end last night and so far this morning evidence better performance.

Sorry - didn't see a note at all.

I'm on Fibre with 109Mbps download speed and 10Mbps upload speed, and it still takes just under a minute (55 seconds in fact) to build the 'Content I posted in' activity stream. If I select a topic and then go back to the activity stream it takes, again, 55 seconds to build the activity stream. Compared to other forums I use that is very slow.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Compared to other forums I use that is very slow.

That's not what I'm seeing at this end on any device whether via network cables or wifi. If nothing else it may be worth a cache and RMweb cookie clearout in case there's any conflicts.

• RMweb Premium

Cleared my cache, deleted all RM Web cookies. Log back into the site, I'll concede a small improvement, 52 seconds to build the activity stream. Timed it twice with the same result ...

Only site I get the slow response on is RM Web, I'm an admin on one site I use and a user on others and they are all fine.

If I do not use the 'Content I posted in filter the activity stream builds in a matter of seconds.

Edit to add it took 95 seconds to post this comment.

Edited by Richard E
Additional info

• Moderators

Just checking my activity stream for 'Content I have posted in' it built the page in 2 seconds here on a much slower connection (very long Powerline which suffers with data during wet periods).

Capture.JPG

• RMweb Premium

OK, tried both cable to router and on Wifi, no difference - ah well ...

Speed test on wifi:

311915925_ScreenShot2020-02-26at12_57_43.png.8be513ccc84dacb9efd57f08d6d573f9.png

And on a cable to the router:

98947474_ScreenShot2020-02-26at12_52_08.png.c58f1d8e3d00b40509ee0cd72ee92864.png

If I just go to activity stream without selecting 'Content I posted in' it loads in less than 5 seconds.