North Pole Parcels -

70E

Hi,

I thought I would have a go a making a small shunting puzzle (wrapping paper box) layout to give the family something to challenge their minds with over Christmas. Larger trees will be removable  to allow it to fit into the box. Im awaiting a laser cut platform to be delivered for the platform canopies.

1FE65A7C-0CF0-4742-B3E0-FF679570F471.jpeg

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Chris Berry said:

Nice start for a funny Christmas layout. I'll follow your work with interest. Could you tell us the dimensions and the make of your baseboard ? Thanks.

Thank you.

Its from scale model scenery BB018 Micro Layout Baseboard In A Box #2 (730 x 95 x 207mm)

• Thanks 1

Just looking at their website (https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/bb018-micro-layout-baseboard-in-a-box-2-730-x-95-x-207mm-8706-p.asp) the dimension that you have put a question mark against seems to be 140 mm.  The distance from the flat surface to the top of the back-scene would be 95 mm.  The base plinth that you have marked as 95 is actually only 40 mm, which implies that this is made from 5 mm thick MDF.  This is stated in the description.  The ends are also obviously 5 mm MDF which gives the internal length of 730 mm and the external length of 740 mm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So being on annual leave and lockdown this week (should have been in the Lake District :() I thought I would spend sometime working on my shunting parcel that I started before but didn't finish before Christmas!

So I have now infilled the tracks with DAS clay and then covered with 'Precision Ice & snow' snow powders. Icicles are blob of silicone sealant on the end of a coffee stirrer then dabbed onto the gutters etc to form an icicle. Platform and canopy are laser cut kits.

Still need to add some trees and other bits and bobs as well as making a small track extension section for the puzzle to work properly.

The sentinel will get a more appropriate name in due course. 

All the best in these difficult times

B6646A08-0835-4A48-919A-55B443B2F0BD.jpeg

B6D1CD69-3698-4A24-8DBD-BDC3EDB30558.jpeg

85D21B4D-BDB0-475E-B220-00D1104FAF46.jpeg

06D3FECB-55E6-4CC7-B452-ECB96FC1A3E8.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1