A good month for GWR

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Reading online we have had a great month so far for GWR fans. 6024 has had the first fire in her boiler since 2012, shown in the first 2 images, and 6880 has passed her hydraulic test and is now having a fire built to warm her boiler and steam test it, shown in the last image. 

Images copyrighted to 6024 society.

Image from 6880 Facebook page

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but every hydraulic exam I've ever done had been either 1.5 or twice working pressure, depending on the client. Nominally, 250PSI brings you in at 165 PSI . A boiler rated at 225 PSI, should be taking a pressure of 338 PSI. Unless... It's a standard water-tightness test, and not for insurance purposes, exept where specified.

Cheers,

Ian.

• RMweb Premium

When I was a boilermaker apprentice in Devonport Dockyard that up to 90psi working pressure was times 2 test pressure between 90 and 180psi it was +90psi and 180 and above was 1 1/2 times working pressure, there were some exceptions for economisers and superheaters when tested separately, but I can't remember what the differences were.

• Moderators
On 17/11/2019 at 04:46, Hilux5972 said:

Images copyrighted to 6024 society.

Image from 6880 Facebook page

Please do not copy images that are the property of others and upload them here without consent. Quoting who owns the copyright is not a way around it. I have to spend time dealing with complaints so you can spend time re-reading the forum rules you last agreed to on the 4th February. 

• Like 3